Rims and Tires - Help -

||-kristian-||
07-24-2003, 02:30 PM
Hello!!!

Do someone of you know about a firm that are selling Scale rims and tires on the nett??
have looked at mediamix and HLJ...found a few,but still lokking for the perfect rim for one of my next model..A 1/25 '69 Camaro Z28 RS by Revelle....Hope someone wil help me!!!

One omre thing,What is the best Thinner for the tamiya acrylic paint..(going for the airbrush)and how much thinner to get the best "flowing" paint..

Plz help me whit this few questions....Will be happy if you could..

From Kristian - Norway

simdel1
07-24-2003, 02:34 PM
i can answer the second part...

the best thinner is the tamiya acrylic thinner (X-21 if my memory serves me correctly). And for airbrushing...hmm, i think about 3:1 is a good ratio of paint to thinner.

NME NVADR
07-24-2003, 02:37 PM
Try here for chrome rims... scroll down, they are past the spinners

http://www.simplyhobbies.com/index.html

And for the thinner, I'd try this

http://www.ehobbies.com/mo-tam-81040.html

Hope this helps
:icon16:

MR-2RaCeR
07-24-2003, 02:40 PM
Try www.tinyimports.com

simdel1
07-24-2003, 02:40 PM
oh right...X-20:lol:

i knew i'd got it wrong

||-kristian-||
07-24-2003, 02:56 PM
Thanks guys (and girls?!?!)!!

Looking on the pages now...hope I wil find something I like..

The 3:1 means 3 whit paint and one whit thinner???or?

The E-Hobby,does them send world wide?? have tryed mail them,but havent heard anything.And its over one week since I send it.. :(

Take a look,and se what I find....

thank you very much!

From Kristian - Norway

simdel1
07-24-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by ||-kristian-||
Thanks guys (and girls?!?!)!!

The 3:1 means 3 whit paint and one whit thinner???

yes that is correct

and just to clarify, the picture in my avatar is not a picture of me. that is Tila Nguyen...a model

NME NVADR
07-24-2003, 03:03 PM
I don't know about them shipping world wide. But, even if they do you should find a local store or some one on the same side of the lake as you. Because, it is flammable so most places won't air ship it. By the way, I'm a guy.

dag65
07-24-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by simdel1

and just to clarify, the picture in my avatar is not a picture of me. that is Tila Nguyen...a model

I like models heheheheh!:bigthumb: :bigthumb:

||-kristian-||
07-24-2003, 03:35 PM
Why I sayd "hanks guys (and girls?!?!)!!" was to on the safe side.. hehe :)

The problem whit modelers in norway is that the things are WAY to expensive...one tamiya acrylic box cost about 8 US$...so if they wil send i can use the mony on kits, and not everything on paint...

but anyway...Think I wil go for som e BBS on the camaro...Yust doing something difrent... :)

NME NVADR
07-24-2003, 03:58 PM
Glad I could help. I'll check and see if ehobbies ships worldwide, I bet they do but I'll PM you when I know something. So, your doing spinners on the camaro? Be sure to post pics when your done!:iceslolan

||-kristian-||
07-24-2003, 04:09 PM
NME NVADR:

Spinners??Not THAT good in english..hehe..
But why not try it,thinking of som nice candy looking color whit white BBS DTM...If it turnes out as it in my mind, it wil look OK...

Looking forward for the PM...

but,now it's time for som painting on the Subary impreza... take a look in the progress .: Here :. (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t120745.html)

From Kristian - Norway

egon_dude
07-24-2003, 04:11 PM
thinners for tamiya paint . . . although i dont use it regularly (i prefer enamels- they seem to cover better but maybe its me) methylated spirits (the purple stuff) seemed to work ok when i sprayed it through my airbrush, again about a 3:1 ratio worked well plus its cheaper than the proper tamiya one.
I have also heard on good authority from Rob Hendon ("famous" military modeller) that Halfords Car windscreen washer fluid is perfect to thin tamiya acrylics. Havent tried it myself but he wins like every competition he enters so must be ok :wink:

Add your comment to this topic!