Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

shock/strut on ebay?

vik
07-24-2003, 12:58 PM
do u guys think its safe to buy the shocks off ebay? should i just pay more and get at a shop? thanx

bx10466
07-24-2003, 01:12 PM
I was thinkin bout doing the same thing, the prices seem to be a lil too good to be true. I think I'm goona try next week, I just wish someone else I knew had already done it...

BullShifter
07-24-2003, 01:37 PM
Sure, who's stopping you? The only problem is you will being new shocks in 2 months again anyways. When buying spings, shocks, coil-overs - dont buy price, buy quality.

MosBoost
07-24-2003, 02:33 PM
yea ebay is not the way to go when shocks and srings and all the other stuff because it maybe cheap :smile: but then again you'll be back here looking like this:comprage1 :thefinger and then you would have wasted your money

vik
07-24-2003, 07:16 PM
what kind of shocks would u prefer, i used to have cheap maxspeed coilovers but now i have springs.

CivicSkater
07-24-2003, 10:03 PM
Hold on, i have one positive thing to say about ebay. First of all, i was looking for shocks/struts on ebay before, and the ones that were on there were KYB, not a shitty offbrand, and i have seen the same KYB's in Summit Racing for a lot more. I have bought many things from ebay, almost all of my audio in my car, and i have never really had a problem. The only thing you need to watch out for is shipping. $30 shipping for a freaking amplifier seems kinda high to me!!!

pSyLaNcE
07-25-2003, 02:32 AM
personally i don't see any problem with buying from ebay...as long as you know what brand it is you're purchasing..more often than not the people who are selling things online at ebay don't tell you the brand name of the product they're selling....i purchased some kyb struts for my accord and it was actually cheaper than buying it wholesale from a warehouse where we get hook ups since i work at an auto parts store...s&h included...it ran me about $200...the whole set...don't go for the cheap crap...know what name you're buying and make sure the person selling it has good ratings and is a shop...you'll get what you're expecting...i buy parts for my car all the time on ebay until it got smashed up...now i'm just trying to sell the parts off...about to just give up and give it to my sis...she has a 92 coupe....
always make sure to check the shipping cost and the taxes... i find it kind of shady how some of them won't tell you the shipping cost until you purchase the item...or charge you $15 to send you something they ship in a 3x5 box...i guess it's the labor charge...:bricks1:

BullShifter
07-25-2003, 02:43 AM
I would stay away from any used shocks. Even if they are name brand I wouldnt buy that from ebay.

www.tirerackwholesale.com

CivicSkater
07-25-2003, 08:13 AM
I'm not talking about used ones, they're brand new. I don't know how these guys sell em so cheap.

Add your comment to this topic!