Porsche 959 - Sacrilige to "tune"?

DSM-Mark
07-24-2003, 11:42 AM
I picked up the Tamiya 959 as well. Not sure what I plan to do with this kit, but I thought it would look great with some deep dish rims. So then I thought of paint... standard silver, or something a little more bold?

I'm not even considering body kits, so you don't have to worry about taking this too far, but what do you think, should I exercise creativity or historical accuracy with this awesome car?

tonioseven
07-24-2003, 11:47 AM
It's only plastic, have fun with it! Tamiya will make more kits!:sunglasse :sunglasse Mine won't be built box stock whenever I get around to it!:bigthumb:

Martbee
07-24-2003, 11:56 AM
This car is awesome the way it is, mine is box stock. But even if mine is like that didn't mean your should be that way... So follow your instinct. I don't think you can messed up a cool kit like that with a different paint. Just look at the version of Roothman, white, blue and gold ! The car is still cool.

Lambo003
07-24-2003, 11:58 AM
:iagree: It's only plastic . . . have a ball with it. . .

Little-B
07-24-2003, 01:26 PM
Cut off the roof and make a convertible!

DSM-Mark
07-24-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Little-B
Cut off the roof and make a convertible!

:eek: :nono: :twak: :nutkick: :banhim: :screwy: :slap: :angryfire :sadwavey: :(

Sorry bud, but no way! The 959 is all about handling... you'd destroy it!

Maybe on the second one I build... if I build a second... :iceslolan

flyonthewall
07-24-2003, 01:54 PM
Why does it matter what we think? It's your model so do what you like. That is the beauty with car modeling, you can let your imagination and creativity run riot and model something not attempted or even dreamt of in full scale.

If I got my hands on one, i'd probably make it into the Dakar rally version:bigthumb:

MajorA
07-24-2003, 02:00 PM
Do whatever you want to it. I personally like the convertible idea but the dakar rally one would be sweet too. I look at it this way, modify the plastic one because if you ever get a real one and mess with it, everyone on this board will do this ->:thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger:

Midnight Racer
07-24-2003, 02:04 PM
Do what you want but don't rice it out.

cagman
07-24-2003, 04:48 PM
It is possible but not advisable to change the rims of a 959, since the rims are an integral part of the tire pressure management system, there is no gain in changing rims. But its just a kit so do what you like. :bananadie

Guido
07-24-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by tonioseven
It's only plastic, have fun with it! Tamiya will make more kits!:sunglasse :sunglasse Mine won't be built box stock whenever I get around to it!:bigthumb:

:headshake :nono:

The 959 is an icon! Don't mess with it, or it'll mess with you!

Just j/k :wink: :biggrin:

Do whatever you like, I did once a cutaway-> in 2 pieces lengthwise.

DSM-Mark
07-24-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by huudo

:headshake :nono:

The 959 is an icon! Don't mess with it, or it'll mess with you!

Just j/k :wink: :biggrin:

Do whatever you like, I did once a cutaway-> in 2 pieces lengthwise.

Ya, I was looking at that thread a little earlier today. Totally awesome.

Purpura Delujo
07-25-2003, 05:25 AM
Just don't over-do it or it will ruin the look. They got sweet lines on them, I'd keep the lines free of 'wings' and things. But do whatever you feel like.

Focus2000
07-25-2003, 07:36 AM
"... and the Lord heard what DSM-Mark was planning to do to a Porsche 959, and he was angered. And so, with great fury and wrath, he did smite the blasphemer with thunderbolts, and sent forward a plague of boils so he wouldn't be able to sit still long enough to complete the model"

Seriously though, do it as you like it. I've only ever seen box-stock 959s, so it'll be nice to see something a bit different.

Little-B
07-25-2003, 11:31 AM
Why not????
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/458603cabrio.JPG

lumpulus
07-25-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Mopar Muscle Maniac
Just don't over-do it or it will ruin the look. They got sweet lines on them, I'd keep the lines free of 'wings' and things. But do whatever you feel like.

Umm, the 959 comes with a standard wing.

lmnerd
07-25-2003, 04:00 PM
hmm... i think you should leave the car as it is,its a good car and its great in its own way,it'll be great if you kitbash to racing discs brakes and even do some minor mods to the engine :biggrin: just my 2 cents :smile:

Add your comment to this topic!