Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Looking to buy an XLNT mid or full size SUV

kaskillah
07-22-2003, 06:17 PM
I'm looking for some good advice on buying an excellent mid size to full size SUV. I'm planning to buy this for my wife it should be new or almost new with low mileage and I don't want her to have any worries. We'd like to keep it as long as possible. We need a SUV because we live in an area that get's a good amount of snow in the winter that doesn't get cleared often enough plus we need something with plenty of room for at least 4 to 5 adults. Thanks in advance for any advice.

TorinoGT69
07-22-2003, 06:21 PM
I would suggest a Toyota 4-Runner they are a very reliable SUV.

kaskillah
07-22-2003, 06:29 PM
4-Runners are nice but they are a little too crowded in the back seat area for any full sized adults. My brother-in-law has one.

Amir
07-23-2003, 03:15 PM
What's the budget?

kaskillah
07-23-2003, 03:55 PM
I don't want to pay more that 30K to 40K, but it all depends on the make.

SilverLotus340R
07-24-2003, 01:00 PM
the new 4-runner has lotsa room..i dunno if all the adults were 6 ft or taller itd be a little cramped. they start around 30 grand.

the Toyota Sequoia kicks ass as a big SUV. those start @ like 38 i think..but most are 40 grand and up. Great vehicle with tons of space and power folding seats. good luck if it goes into a spin in the winter tho..ull just sit back and watch it spin. but its really safe so..ya

Toyota Highlander is a good bet too. my mom just bought one in Indigo Blue Metallic. great SUV.drives like a camry with the room of an SUV. Im 6ft 1 and have no problem with leg or head room in the front or the back. they start @ 27 but most are around 30.

uh..what else is there

the mitsubishi endevour falls in your price range but IMO is a worthless POS and really really cheap inside.

Chevy Trailblazer is very dependable and i've heard that it is good in adverse conditions...

OH! cant forget ..the Nissan Murano. GREAT vehicle. I wanted my mom to buy that but she got the highlander. FIrst belt driven SUV of the current area. You can plant ur foot to the floor and the engine just keeps goin without shifting. Has tons of safety features like active head restraints which reduce whiplash..airbags all around. tons of space in the front and back for adults.. and ive heard they do great in snow and rain too..

ok theres my view on "urban" suvs

kaskillah
07-24-2003, 07:22 PM
Sounds like some great picks! I'll look in to your suggestions.
A Great Big Thanks!

Add your comment to this topic!