Tracked down some Novus polish, do I just need #2?

DSM-Mark
07-22-2003, 04:51 PM
Hey, I finally found some novus polish locally. Question is, do I just need number 2? For #3, I was thinking Tamiya #2000 sandpaper and/or 3M rubbing compound would suffice, and for #3 Tamiya wax or carnauba wax would suffice.

Is this pretty much the case, or are #1 and #3 worth the money?

My understanding is that Novus 2 is a cheaper, better (or at least equal) product compared to Tamiya compound when polishing Tamiya TS paints. It this the case? I had Tamiya compound in my HLJ order, but it went OOP while I was waiting for my order to fill up.

Thanks, guys.

Harv
07-23-2003, 01:49 PM
The Tamiya will substitute fine for the #3. But I havent really found a substitute for the Novus #1. This polish (Novus#1) is more of a cleaner than a polish and is the only thing I have found that you can use to clean up plated parts, without rubbing off the chrome (if your careful).

freakmech
07-23-2003, 01:59 PM
since ive been doing all the posting about Novus lately ill reply. i generally use 3200-3600 grit Micro-mesh then i apply #2 then #1. this is about it. #3 is used for really bad mistakes and it can be a little hard core for thin paint coats. #1 can really be substituited by any wax but I feel that #1 protects better then most model wax and all Novice products are alot cheaper then other like products!

Add your comment to this topic!