Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What do I need for a 4in lift?

MikeTheJeepGuy
07-22-2003, 12:55 PM
I am buying this kit used, and here is what I'm getting:

- TJ 4" suspension lift consists of:
~ Four Pro Comp 4" coils
~ Two NEW Rubicon Express front sway bar Quick Disconnects for 4" lift w/ "U" bracket - new in the box
~ Two Currie rear sway bar links for 4" lift
~ Skyjacker style T-Case drop (1" square bar stock)
~ Tera rear trackbar bracket
~ RE drop pitman arm

I'm currently running a 2in spacer lift, 2in body lift, and 33s. I already have Trailmaster SSVs, on it. What else will/should I consider getting before I put this lift on? I will most likely take the spacer lift out as I wouldn't be able to fit my baby in the garage.

Thanks,

Mike

CoryB
08-04-2003, 06:08 PM
1. Well, check your shocks to see if they're long enough.
2. You'll need some way to recenter the front axle - probably an adjustable front trackbar.
3. Don't install the drop pitman arm until you verify that it's needed - they tend to cause more problems than they fix.
4. With a 1" t/case drop and a 2" body lift, you're likely going to have trouble shifting into 2nd, 4th and reverse. There's a good chance you're going to have to do some trimming inside for clearance.
5. In fact, with a 4" lift you might want to remove the body lift altogether if you're sticking with 33" tires. Otherwise you'll have enough lift for 35s and the 33s are going to look kinda weeny in there.

Good luck.

Originally posted by MikeTheJeepGuy
I am buying this kit used, and here is what I'm getting:

- TJ 4" suspension lift consists of:
~ Four Pro Comp 4" coils
~ Two NEW Rubicon Express front sway bar Quick Disconnects for 4" lift w/ "U" bracket - new in the box
~ Two Currie rear sway bar links for 4" lift
~ Skyjacker style T-Case drop (1" square bar stock)
~ Tera rear trackbar bracket
~ RE drop pitman arm

I'm currently running a 2in spacer lift, 2in body lift, and 33s. I already have Trailmaster SSVs, on it. What else will/should I consider getting before I put this lift on? I will most likely take the spacer lift out as I wouldn't be able to fit my baby in the garage.

Thanks,

Mike

03jeep
09-12-2003, 05:24 PM
I am running a 4" Skyjacker with a 1.25" BL with 33's and love that I can stuff well. Although I would love to go to 35's but that's another story. Anyways, I didn't see anything about Lower control arms?? I'm not positive if you absolutely NEED them but I think so. Also, the rear sway bar links I wouldn't even bother with. I removed my rear sway bar the day I got mine it's pretty much useless and you really can't even tell on the street. Looks like just about everything else is there. Good Luck :2cents: HTH

Jadedjeepster
10-31-2003, 12:54 PM
Unless you want your family to read about your death on the front page of the metro section of your local newspaper, I wouldn't disconnect or remove the rear sway bar. Front is ok if your not a big hwy speeder but still would recommend having both connected on the road.

For your lift questions though, you'll need...

New Tail Shaft/Slip Yoke Elimator unless your going to remove the bodylift and spacers.

New front and rear control arms if planning on going off road.

Shift Link bracket for your transfer case if you don't already have one for the 2" BL.

Extend brake Lines

Hope this helps.

03jeep
11-01-2003, 02:32 PM
I guess I just know how to drive or something!!! I have had my rear sway bar disco'd on this and my 02' as well total of about two years and never had a problem. If you drive a Jeep like a Jeep and not hot rod then you'll be fine, just don't drive like a dumbass and corner at 70 like Ive seen some KIDS do. I drive normal and I havent had any problems. :2cents:

spooleffect
11-01-2003, 07:06 PM
Front is ok if your not a big hwy speeder but still would recommend having both connected on the road.

Actually the front is the worst one to disconnect if your truck is a dialy driver. If your offroading then fine but reconnect it when your done.

Add your comment to this topic!