Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

good paint shops in LA?

filmfiend81
07-22-2003, 11:40 AM
I know the first thing I'm going to hear is "look in the phone book" but I'm not asking if you know if they exist, I just want any recommendations. I've got a 2000 LX sedan that's "Iced Teal". I'm looking to paint black. Any suggestions?

Thanx, --Taylor

CivicLx
07-23-2003, 04:37 AM
hmm...do you just want any shop or a shop that's well known in the import scene? I'd suggest 20/20 Autobody in Industry, JT Auto in...I think Rosemead, Body Pros in...I forget...Auto Explosion in Gardena or DC Autoworks. I had my car painted at 20/20. I'm no paint expert so I was real happy with how the car turned out.

All these shops are VERY involved with the import scene and are responsible for helping create some of the hottest show cars out there.

How soon do you want to get it painted? Are you having any other body work done at the same time?

SilverY2KCivic
07-23-2003, 01:26 PM
Oh yes, 20/20 for sure! I'm not sure where they are located at exactly, but I've heard nothing but good things about them. I would NOT recommend JT Autostyle at all. I know a friend whom got her Integra painted there, then when she needed a repaint of a section, they fucked up her paint job completely.

CivicLx
07-23-2003, 01:38 PM
Don't listen to Silver...he doesn't know whaaat he's talking about...and he's kind of fruity

hehe...j/p man:biggrin:

He's right though. 20/20 is really well known for their paint jobs.
As for JT, that sucks they messed up your friend's paint job. JT seems to be more into the crazy body work. Like if you were going to have some wild stuff done, I'd suggest taking it to JT, but then having it painted at 20/20. 20/20 is expensive though...real expensive...the only negative thing I ever heard about them was that they can take awhile getting cars done. My car was there for over six months, but I was in Japan at the time so it wasn't a big deal.

If I was going back to LA, I think I'd probably go with Auto Explosion. They've been doing some NICE show cars lately...Marc Romero's prelude and Erica Lam's accord are two perfect examples.

SilverY2KCivic
07-24-2003, 01:08 AM
The thing about JT, is ity seems they only give you 5-star work if you're gonna have some wild crazy show car. my friend's car was hooked up show style, but it was very mild. Since she's a girl that owns it, she had the interior completely done up in purple and lavander vinyl. Her car is a '98 LS 4dr by the way. Also according to JT when they did it over 3 years ago, her Teg was the FIRST 4dr Teg in California to get a JDM ITR front end on it, that's some cool ish right there. :cool:

CivicLx
07-24-2003, 05:32 PM
Yeah I've always worried about shops like that. The big shops that deal with a lot of the big crews in the scene. Like of course a shop isn't going to f*** up LJ Garcia's car or a car that belongs to somone from Team Hyrbid, but maybe if you're not in a big crew or you're just an average joe, they might not do as good of a job.

Anyway, yeah that's cool about your friend's car being the first 4dr with the ITR conversion. Shit that'd be cool if she was just the first in her hometown, but to be the first in Cali:eek:

Add your comment to this topic!