Tampa Street Racing?

blade34609
07-21-2003, 07:16 PM
Hi,

I heard about street racing that goes on down at Gandy in Tampa.
A few of my friends have gone down to race there.
They told me there are alot of cops around there.
Can anybody else tell me what its like down there?
Is it sorta like FNF like I heard some people say, lol.
I wont be able to go for awhile until i get my engine swap finished.
So any input would be cool.
Thanks

Blackz28joe
08-27-2003, 07:52 PM
Every Saturday night people from all around the area come out to gandy to do a little street racing. Cops are all over the place and enjoy kicking us out of places but they don't do too much unless you don't listen to them or do something really stupid. However, cause the bridge is between two different counties the only law allowed on the bridge are state troopers. State troopers don't park on the bridge but they will drive across it every once in awhile. Other then that, late at night when the traffic slows down people find races and take it over the bridge. It is illegal but so are a lot of things. Enjoy your car across this bridge and becareful.

Joe

Frozenblue**WS6
08-28-2003, 01:30 AM
yeah, there are piggies all over tampa... they fucking suck... never been to gandy myself.... people been racing there for at least like 30 years.... peoples parents told me they used to go out there and shit...

i don't go cause i don't want to get a HUGE ticket, or get my car impounded..

blade34609
08-28-2003, 02:24 PM
Yea, I really want to go once I get my SI intake manifold on.
Im kinda scared though cause of all the cop stories everyone is tellin me.
Somone told me there is like about 200-300 people there at the races?
Do they actually line up their cars like in FNF, lol?
Also, I heard they first meet up at gas stations and store parking lots, show off their stuff, then head out to race.
I really wanna know more about Gandy B4 I go.
Thanks

VW-Jetta-VW
08-28-2003, 05:29 PM
If you can't risk getting a ticket or getting arrested than don't go because its bound to happen sooner or later. :eek7:

Frozenblue**WS6
08-29-2003, 02:29 AM
So We're All In Tampa??? I'm In New Tampa, Where You Guys At... ? There's A Car Show On Dale Mabry Every Sat. Night... Some People Meet There First, Then Go Out To The Races.... There Are Cops Everywhere In Tampa Though... I Just Want To Know Where A Track Is/how Much.... As Far As I Know There's One In Bradenton, But I Don't Even Know Where That Is...

blade34609
08-29-2003, 04:43 PM
I live in Spring Hill which is about an hours drive from Tampa.
Yea, my friends was tellin me about the car show they have first then they go and find new streets to race on. Where abouts do they have the car show? Also, how many people are there usually?
Thanks

Frozenblue**WS6
08-30-2003, 02:38 AM
The car show is on Dale Mabry (where Raymond James Stadium is) and Fletcher (i believe it's Fletcher), by a Checkers.... I am not too sure how many people go to it anymore...

Remzrolla8
01-04-2009, 02:57 AM
So We're All In Tampa??? I'm In New Tampa, Where You Guys At... ? There Are Cops Everywhere In Tampa Though...

I'm in Tampa by the intersection of Hillsborough and Sheldon. I've heard about the races over on Gandy but never been. And people are talking about how there are races on the Causeway but again, I've never been to those races either. :confused:

-The Stig-
01-04-2009, 06:17 AM
Seriously?

This thread is damn near 6 years old, friend.

Did you really think a topic as old as this, with less than a page worth of replies would be 'current'?:confused:

How does one find prehistoric threads?:confused:

Anywho, start a new thread if you must... this one has long since been dead. Anything past 3 months since the last post is considered "dead". This thing is beyond dead, it's bio-degraded back into muckymuck. :redface:

Add your comment to this topic!