Sparmax Compressor

iceblend
07-21-2003, 11:04 AM
Anyone ever used this brand of compressor ,Sparmax? Attached is a pic of the compressor.
http://www.dinghwa.com.tw/english/compress/Product/product.html
Look under the model TC-5000.:feedback: :2cents:

srlxy
07-21-2003, 11:38 AM
Hi iceblend!!

Nice to see another Singaporean here..
Do join us for our EVO Meet in August 31st.

I use a sparmax air brush and compressor...
About a year and no problems with them..
I am using the baby compressor..

druid_99
07-22-2003, 01:36 AM
I've used the Sparmax AC 100 for almost 4 years now without any problem. It works great. :bigthumb:

fredo
07-22-2003, 02:10 AM
I also have had the AC100 for a few years now.
It works great and is quite silent (as it is mounted on rubber feet, it doesn't transmit any vibration to the floor).

The only problem I have had is with the water filter : when painting more than 7-8 minutes in very humid weather, this filter is not sufficient and I get some water "bubbles" in my paint. :confused:

iceblend
07-22-2003, 05:34 AM
Thanks guys..but i've heard abt sparmax being over heated. And there's no spare parts when it blows!! So therfore will the tank tat comes with the compressor help?:confused:

Junhao
07-22-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by srlxy
I use a sparmax air brush and compressor...
About a year and no problems with them..
I am using the baby compressor..

I use the baby compressor too and it is working great for me. Very silent and so far no problems with overheating.

srlxy
07-22-2003, 11:24 AM
This is how that model works..

The compressor fills the tank with the air and the compressor auto stops...

When it detects the certain level of air in the tank, it starts again by filling it up.

It is not neccessary to buy such an expensive compressor..

You have to look into what you are doing and how long you are doing..

I have ever tried using the baby compressor for an hr and have no probelms with it..

Parts are not so difficult to get as there is an agent here in Singapore..

iceblend
07-22-2003, 11:46 AM
I've checked the price. Its abt S$350.And went ard to check about the prices of other compressor...They range pretty much around therE? Just slightly cheaper.Where's the agent located at?

Rtuned
07-22-2003, 12:00 PM
Hobby Point at Tiong Bahru Plaza 5th floor...

Sparmax compressor is good...
Srlxy... The baby compressor??? :confused: The one with 4 legs or the one with big mouth look?

btw, welcome aboard...iceblend. :wave: and do join us in every month meet up...

I'm planning to get some sparmax compressor later too...:icon16:

Rtuned :worshippy :worshippy :worshippy

srlxy
07-22-2003, 12:07 PM
AC-55...

The cheapest one...
hahaa...
No point I get so expensive type as I only spraying cars..

iceblend
07-23-2003, 05:45 AM
oh..okie..planning to do something more than spraying automobiles..lol..:tongue: u guys do think tat the compressor is too ex??What is usually the price u got for ur compressor?

Junhao
07-26-2003, 01:10 PM
I bought my baby compressor from the Tiong Bahru shop for S$180. Quite cheap compared to others.

surfersp
07-30-2003, 04:04 AM
hi there Ice Blend !! I'm also thinking of getting a Sparmax TC 5000... I saw one at Far East Plaza Shopping Centre.. The shop name is Hobby Focus.. He selling abt $398.. Currently i'm also using Sparmax air brush and baby compressor..

iceblend
07-30-2003, 09:49 AM
Cool! ^5...I'll be getting mine in Sept! U? Btw hw's the sparmax airbrush?Gd?And what's the model of the baby compressor?

Chain
07-30-2003, 10:42 AM
AC55 is the model and price is $180 Sing dollars.

As for airbrush, I am using the sparmax DH-125. It retails for $150 Sing dollars. Comes in a nice case with siphon cups, side 7cc cup and some other accessories.
Great to use but you need to learn how to clean the insides. Once you do, its a breeze.
http://www.air2art.com.au/dh125.jpg

Add your comment to this topic!