Help!!!!

IwannaDRift
07-20-2003, 05:37 AM
Does anyone have any tips for me, I made a hairline crack in my windshield and I really don't wanna have to let me car roll like that.. not very pimplike, anyways, what should I do?

Ferrari TR
07-20-2003, 03:03 PM
1. Replace it.
2. Scratch build a new one.
3. You might be able to get some clear paint in the crack and polish it out, though I don't think it will look better than just 'OK'.

:tongue:

freakmech
07-20-2003, 03:44 PM
i have done this for similiar problem though at certain angles you might still see a fine crack line. first use a clear glue to bond plastic together such as Testors Clear Parts Cement. make sure you penetrate the crack well and get a bond through out the entire crack. then sand the excess dried glue off windshield with 3000+ grit sandpaper such as micro-mesh. then use NOVUS #2 fine scratch remover to buff out the sandpaper scratches( Novus is made for plastic restoration and works well for polishing acryllic paint as well) . this takes a bit of pressure so be careful! then dip it in Future Floor Wax and let it dry. scratch should be all but invisible! this is the only real repair you can do other then replacement of part. other products may work but this is a tried and true process ive used.

Add your comment to this topic!