Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Supercharger for a 1988 300ZX non turbo?

Red Comet
07-20-2003, 02:39 AM
Anyone know where i can get one

NIVO88T
07-21-2003, 01:02 PM
non available as far as any z31 guy knows....it can be custom fabricated, but by the time you are done putting in a supercharger, you could of dropped in a Skyline engine...

you CAN turbocharge your motor though....some NA guys have done it at z31.com!

better yet you can probably find a good turbo motor for like $850.

joshey
07-21-2003, 01:49 PM
the last post said engine but its more then that, actually you need alot of things: engine, tranny, wireing harness, main computer, new exaust, if it is a digital dash you need the boost meter in steed of the accelerometer. dont for get all the dohickyes under the hood. map sensor, fuel pump, ect...

aka too mutch work! get an old turbo thats wrecked and put your pannels on it to make it look nice again. ok hope the info helped you to make a informed decision? ok let me know what you end up doing..

GM-NISSAN know it all!!!!
---joshey

NIVO88T
07-21-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by joshey
the last post said engine but its more then that, actually you need alot of things: engine, tranny, wireing harness, main computer, new exaust, if it is a digital dash you need the boost meter in steed of the accelerometer. dont for get all the dohickyes under the hood. map sensor, fuel pump, ect...

aka too mutch work! get an old turbo thats wrecked and put your pannels on it to make it look nice again. ok hope the info helped you to make a informed decision? ok let me know what you end up doing..

GM-NISSAN know it all!!!!
---joshey

i have to disagree with you on some points!

the transmissions are interchangeable from all years, what differs is the output on the differential. he mostly would have to stick to a 84-86 turbo engine to make the swap easier.

secondly ,there is no need for the boost meter on the dash ,the bost meter is useless and so is the accelerometer.

The z31 doesn't have a map sensor but a Air flow meter(they are interchangeable between years/turbo/non turbo).

the fuel pump on all z31's are the same..turbo and non.

there is one thing that is needed and that is the engine crossmember.
the downpipe you may want to go aftermarket, www.certifiedmuffler.com

it's pretty much the easiest swap done!!! and you can source some parts from z31.com or car-parts.com

joshey
07-21-2003, 02:09 PM
damn the servers...
i will type this again.

tranny bolts up but the n/a does not take the tq.
yes there is a map its bar 2 for turbo and bar1 for n/a
boost meter not needed but if the waste gate gets stuck and no boost gauge ka-boom

Red Comet
07-23-2003, 03:32 PM
Guess i'll just get back to stuffing a supercharged V8 into 240Z

I didn't think any company made one thought i'd ask though thanks

dragnz
11-10-2003, 04:05 PM
the n/a to turbo swap is really easy to anyone who knows about their z i just finished converting my z to a turbo

QKRTHANU
11-11-2003, 08:51 AM
yea um if ur gona stuff a supercharged V8 in a 240z i think ur kinda dumb. i would do it to a regular muscle car and dont ruin a japanese car.

Add your comment to this topic!