Another DupliColor Question(with pic)

sugarcaddy
07-19-2003, 04:59 PM
Anyone here use the metalcast Duplicolor paints? I bought a can of yellow that will look very swank on my Honda Civic if it works right.

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/434578can.jpg

Scott

cartuner
07-19-2003, 05:24 PM
Make sure you primer using the dupli color flat black primer then apply the base coat the metal cast paint calls for. i learned this from using the mirage paint. best advice is try this out on a junker first and try a coat of dupli color chrome paint under the metal cast paint.

my recipe
primer-base coat- metal cast-clear coat/polish

Vric
07-19-2003, 05:48 PM
this paint really don't like plastic.. you need at least 2 or 3 coat of primer. Also, your primer need to be perfecly even (praticly shiny) to get a good result.

I use the Metalcast Chrome for chrome part (euh... :loser: )

I never tryed for a body... but for rimz, exaust and other small part, the best way is:

Good Primer.
Clear coat (yes clear... you need a perfectly even coat to get a good shine)
Very small coat of duplicolor.. 2 or 3 coat should do the job.

Look on the spraycan.. the instruction call for a special primer for metal cast.. if you can find it I sugest you buy it (can't find it here)

sugarcaddy
07-19-2003, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the responce's. I think I will try it out on a scap body before I go and destroy the project Im doing!

Scott

Vric
07-19-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by sugarcaddy
Thanks for the responce's. I think I will try it out on a scap body before I go and destroy the project Im doing!

Scott

real good idea.. this paint is not for plastic so you need to test it before.

I love the chrome paint, but it's hard to work with

Vric
07-19-2003, 06:57 PM
btw it's a bit off topic, but those cheap sybwoofer are not blinded.. you really should get it off near you monitor before it get all yellow in corner:biggrin:

NeonAtron
07-13-2004, 09:37 PM
does gold to magenta look good?...whats the best looking color?

Add your comment to this topic!