07-19-2003, 03:16 PM
Picture 5

Japmetal
07-19-2003, 05:20 PM
That one's yours ?? VERY NICE !! :bigthumb:

BTW; I'm sure I've seen it explained before, but what's ACR ? :confused:

Viper 10
07-19-2003, 10:53 PM
I can think of a lot more to do with the additional $10,000 that they charge for the ACR option. The belts weren't even race approved, and the brakes still sucked.

Neutrino
07-20-2003, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Viper 10
I can think of a lot more to do with the additional $10,000 that they charge for the ACR option. The belts weren't even race approved, and the brakes still sucked.

what do you get with the acr option anyway?

Viper 10
07-21-2003, 08:49 PM
ACR Option:

- Deleted fog lights
- Deleted air conditioning
- Adjustable coil over shocks that rattle
- 5 point harnesses that don't work and are not race approved.
- K&N air filters and smooth tubes
- One-piece BBS wheels.
- An ACR decal

Most ACR owners had to order the comfort package option to get the air conditioning back in the car... more $$$.

That's it.

Brad

v10_viper
07-21-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by SRT-10 Power
Picture 5

Sorry to say but it looks like your hood is fugged up.

SRT-10 Power
07-21-2003, 11:07 PM
It's not my car as stated in the first post. I love the car though! It's beutiful.

Viper 10
07-22-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by v10_viper

Sorry to say but it looks like your hood is fugged up.

Nothing wrong with the hood... he just didn't close it correctly and the right side latch didn't catch.

Brad

Neutrino
07-22-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Viper 10
ACR Option:

- Deleted fog lights
- Deleted air conditioning
- Adjustable coil over shocks that rattle
- 5 point harnesses that don't work and are not race approved.
- K&N air filters and smooth tubes
- One-piece BBS wheels.
- An ACR decal

Most ACR owners had to order the comfort package option to get the air conditioning back in the car... more $$$.

That's it.

Brad

gotcha thanks

rtigert
09-08-2003, 02:41 AM
ACR plus with too many modifications to list.. MUV OVR!!

rtigert
09-08-2003, 02:44 AM
These brakes DO NOT suck!

Viper 10
09-09-2003, 10:04 PM
These brakes DO NOT suck!

Those are aftermarket brakes and they do suck. Wilwoods are for show, not for go. They do not hold up on technical road courses that demand braking. The bridge is held in by a cotter pin... :disappoin :disappoin

IMO, if you are going to do aftermarket brakes in the Viper world, Stop Tech's are the way to go.

rtigert
09-10-2003, 12:57 AM
:screwy: Ummm, Okay? That must be true because several winning cars in NASCAR, SCCA, Grand Am, URC, Craftsman truck series racing,and open wheel cars are using them. Thanks for the tip.

If you would like to reasure yourself about how badly they suck, you can look here for verification: http://www.wilwood.com/hotnews.cfm

:headshake I never thought that I would see the day when a 14" 6-piston caliper brake system would suck. I can only imagine that when you apply your brakes that your car actually moves BACKWARDS... Pfffft!

Viper 10
09-11-2003, 02:00 AM
That shows us how much that you know about racing bozo. When does a Nascar ever use brakes??? Only when they are going to the pits.

I have seen first hand your wonderful POS Wilwoods cotter pins melt on a road race course... the result was that the bridges came out and the pads popped out like toast.

You read way too many magazines and are drinking the Kool-Aid brother. Go ahead and waste your money on that garbage. Anyone who knows anything about competitive Vipers and brakes do not use Wilwoods (even if they are free). Why don't you go on the VCA forum and see how many posers use Wilwoods versus the number of racers who use either Stop Techs or Brembo Monoblocks?

If you really do own that gawdy looking ACR, I can tell which group that you fall into... the good ol' wine & cheese party dyno/ garage queen poser's.

VenomInMyVeins
09-26-2003, 10:32 PM
That one's yours ?? VERY NICE !! :bigthumb:

BTW; I'm sure I've seen it explained before, but what's ACR ? :confused:

Out of all these guys I'm surprised that no one answered your question. ACR is Dodge's American Club Racing edition of the viper.

and RtigerT I agree with viper 10... well.. sorta. Go with some brembo's man... they're quality.

rtigert
09-27-2003, 01:12 AM
and RtigerT I agree with viper 10... well.. sorta. Go with some brembo's man... they're quality.

Point taken. It is really no sweat to me. Thanks for the tips.

Viper 10
09-27-2003, 01:17 AM
Out of all these guys I'm surprised that no one answered your question. ACR is Dodge's American Club Racing edition of the viper.

Brembo's are only as good as the tuner that sets them up. If Archer Racing sets it up then you are good to go. Stop Tech is the dominant brake set up in the Viper world. My car was used as the prototype.

Brembo monoblocks go for $10,000 a set. These are the best racing brakes around.

Add your comment to this topic!