Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

crusing in the chicago area

moopeesir
07-19-2003, 09:14 AM
:biggrin: Hey Whats up Everyone?
I just moved here from the Milwaukee area to Chicago. What is up with no crusing strip. In Milwaukee we have several area's. Like On Hwy 100, it is so dope. We cruise in a popular area for a stretch of 9 miles, then turn around near red carpet lanes (north side of strip). The cops are not too bad. Due that there is so many dumb ass's with the cars that stick out. Like there is a group of winners driving this old's toeffeto with neon's on all the time. Please pull me over,please!! What a dumbie! OK, can anyone help me? I have been down here for 2 months and seen a lot of imports around. I am also looking for some areas where there might be some (umm) line them up sort of thing. If you know what I mean. I have been to auto boutic, wow what a rip off. Hope to hear back from someone. thanks.

Rik Helfer

mellowboy
07-19-2003, 05:49 PM
Sup man? Where in chicago are u from? Well we dont usually cruise alot. Yeh my ex told me about highway 100. Anyways we usually street race around here but sometimes not alot. :bigthumb:

BullShifter
07-19-2003, 11:55 PM
moopeesir do you work @ arlington acura w/ Pete & Omar?

00accord44
07-21-2003, 10:22 AM
From what I know (which aint much these days) thereare occasional meets/cruises at Woodfield sometimes, you just gotta know when. I know there are sometimes caravans down to Rt 66. If you wanna sorta sit and show off your ride, weekends at Rock n Roll McDonalds downtown (somewhere near Ohio, can't remember exact intersection) has a variety of cars, but a lot of times its more for the guys wit big body Chevy's, navigators with 24's etc. You catch a lot of bikes there too. There used to be occasional meets in Chinatown, just south of downtown, but that was stopped a while back. Cruise major streets in the burbs and you can find some. Movie theaters on weekends, clubs in (not to stereotype but...) Asian dominated areas. Or at least Asian clubs.

Sometimes you just gotta cruise on your own til you see a small group, then sorta tag along hoping they lead you to the hotspot.

I guess its all about being in the right place at the right time.

funkdaflex1
07-23-2003, 01:55 AM
Barrington and irving park rd. every fri and sat night is a majore hang out or place to set up a race its by the value city,Mcdonalds, and krispy cream.

Jas_M
08-16-2003, 02:26 AM
Near the incinerators by Chicago & Cicero, or Division & Cicero there is usually a lot of street races. Just head over to that area on Friday and Saturday nights and look for the racers and ricers. Follow em around and they'll lead you to the right spot.
As far as cruising strips, there really aren't any in the city. But there are a few places where people gather regularly to just hang out and check out each others rides.

BullShifter
08-16-2003, 09:01 AM
Near the incinerators by Chicago & Cicero, or Division & Cicero there is usually a lot of street races. Just head over to that area on Friday and Saturday nights and look for the racers and ricers. Follow em around and they'll lead you to the right spot.
As far as cruising strips, there really aren't any in the city. But there are a few places where people gather regularly to just hang out and check out each others rides.

I been out to the incinerators, its pretty crazy with the cops chasing people. 20 mins all back racin until the po-po's come again. Also have seen some crazy accidents out there - all by people trying to show-off. Why not just go to the track?

ScottFern
08-18-2003, 01:05 PM
Most people out by us cruise over to 159th and Harlem Ave and go South on harlem to Steak n' Shake, everyones up there lately.

mellowboy
09-20-2003, 04:21 AM
Most people out by us cruise over to 159th and Harlem Ave and go South on harlem to Steak n' Shake, everyones up there lately.

Isn't that by Orland Park?

Thedarkside
09-26-2003, 03:03 PM
Okay maybe this is just a so-Cal thing(Was from LA SFV represent :loser: )....but cruzin' to me meant not necessarily driving fast...but just driving for driving sake....and if that's what you mean then Lake Shore Drive is always a nice road to cruise...almost a freeway on the lakefront but watch out near North I think...there's a sudden S curve with a concrete barrier...Or Lincoln AVe is always good to cruise...from Peterson on up to Lawrence...you can always see some tricked out cars there....you can always go Golf Road from Old Orchard Mall there is a long stretch of forest preserve with no places for cops 2 hide...as long as there's no traffic have gone 80mph on that road...or there is Sheridan road leading north...lot of nice twists and turns but you have 2 be more careful with cops and rich people pulling out in Jags, and Benz's...and they don't race :(.... :icon16: ....hope that helps...:)

b18b
09-27-2003, 11:48 AM
what happen to archer ave?

BullShifter
09-27-2003, 12:28 PM
There is also Busse Woods in Elk Grove, usually on the weekends its pretty packed. Tons of people doin' burn outs trying not get busted. LOL which they do almost every time. MY buddy ripped off a hood emblem from the tree polices car while he was in it. Got chased all over & then finally a $15.00 ticket.

Hanover Park - kinda Barrington & Irving at the Taco Bell USED to be a bad ass cruise/race spot until the streamwood & hanover cops had enough, now just moved down the street a little by Macdonalds!

Lude Warrior
10-13-2003, 09:48 PM
The only place I've been to so far was Pulaski and 43rd or 47th..right off the I-55 [stevenson expressway]. everyone meets up at the Burger King. Fridays and saturdays. i'ma try to go soon since it's gonna get real cold in a couple weeks.

we also went to division and I think elston. but no one was there that day.

b18b
10-14-2003, 11:14 AM
pulaski and 47th has sucked latley-alot of rice.division is closed down.

Lude Warrior
10-14-2003, 02:25 PM
i like rice :D

P8ntb4llpr0
10-25-2003, 11:34 AM
If anyone is into a little drive, Out in Joliet on Jefferson St. people hang out and cruise over at the old Closed down dominicks (Not really anything but an old huge building anymore) The cops don't bother anyone there until around 11:00, then everyone usually moves to the parking lot for Wal-Mart and Sams Club off of Larkin Ave. Hope that helps!

Jason

92b16si
12-07-2003, 08:54 PM
dude pulaski is dead try 103 and stony island where the car impound is you cant miss it you will see alot of import sneaking in there

riceroni
12-10-2003, 01:00 PM
where exactly is this car impound lot. i live in the north side, i don't wanna be driving down to the bishop ford freeway and getting lost in indiana or something

92b16si
12-10-2003, 01:39 PM
yeah its kinda by india but its really easy to get there you just take i94r i belive toward indiana and get off on 103 stony road on the exit take it straight to the light make a left then on the second light you make a right

riceroni
01-18-2004, 05:09 AM
haha we went to check out stony island and whatnot. there's no one there. probably because it's so cold

we also were checking out pulaski off of the 55 like we do every week. nothing this week,

that place isn't dead though...it's like one of the new places...come springtime, it'll be huge :D

92b16si
01-19-2004, 12:45 AM
dude think about it it is freaking cold and the those streets are not busy so there icy wait until spring

semiauto
06-16-2004, 09:01 PM
archer is still alive.

Add your comment to this topic!