Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

a little help fellas!

Malibu
11-20-2001, 05:49 PM
hey, i am in Southern California. I am really interested in trying out this car modeling hobby.

Can anyone direct me towards a good car modeling hobby shop, or anything of the sort where i can find nice kits with interesting cars?

such as volvo, altezza, audi, bmw.. anything exotic, touring cars, etc!

thanks a lot guys, your models look great.

Jay!
11-20-2001, 10:57 PM
Welcome to AF!!! :D :D :D I'm on SoCal, too. Where are you? (Mailbu, perchance? ;) )

Take a peek in this thread (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5155), about 7 posts down. I rattle off a bunch of the shops I like to go to. Let me know if you want to know more about any of them.

Touring cars is a hard niche to find sometimes. There are plenty of older ones, and the newer ones are all pretty much from the DTM series. Are you looking for any cars in particular?

:)

Malibu
11-21-2001, 12:54 AM
thanks for the reply
i am in fact, in malibu... and im 17 years old

i have been watching a lot of speedvision lately and the audi cars look really nice... i can remember the names of the races, but there are a lot of common cars that have been tuned and sponsored..

im not big into drag cars, mostly race cars (no nascar), street legals, and F1s

Jay!
11-21-2001, 12:58 AM
Well, then, I'm pretty far inland from you. ;)

Take a peek at www.hlj.com. They're a great source for Japanese kits (which don't include many NASCAR cars or dragsters. :D)

Guiddy
11-21-2001, 02:40 AM
You could do Tamiay's superb VOLVO 850 British Touring cars!
Warren loves them, they are still inproduction, and you can do an Estate and a Saloon!
Good scope for interior detail! Here's mine...

Guiddy
11-21-2001, 02:42 AM
And Warrens...

primera man
11-21-2001, 03:21 AM
Welcome along Malibu.

Sounds like you have had a good look though the threads already. Its really up to you now as to what you like and want to do. Start with something easy so you get a feel for modelling, then start to more in to harder things over time.
Leave hard decal jobs like this till you have some practice on others !!!

Malibu
11-21-2001, 09:28 AM
thanks for the replies... if i get a chance to start a 'worth posting' project i will get some pictures up

see yous later

G-Forces
11-21-2001, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Malibu
thanks for the replies... if i get a chance to start a 'worth posting' project i will get some pictures up
They're all worth posting mate! :D:D

Jay!
11-21-2001, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by G-Forces
They're all worth posting mate! :D:D :cool:

Add your comment to this topic!