Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

i figured out what i want

youngstrtracer15
07-19-2003, 03:28 AM
OK i am geting a 1990 acura integra gs and does any body know what type of mods can i get to increase horsepower and torque. and can i put a turbo on it and what will i have to do to the engine so it can hold up to 15 to 20 psi.

p.s.
and after i am done geting my horspower and torque high as possible what can i do to make my car look good should i get a body kit and wing but i still want to improve aerodynamics and not put to much weight on the car. and i realy do not want to look like a ricer. :feedback:

DIRTYDAWGS
07-19-2003, 07:10 PM
IF I WERE YOU I WOULD DO A 94-00 B18C1 GSR ENGINE SWAP ( http://www.streetimports.com/homepage.htm). BECAUSE I HAVENT SEEN MANY MODS FOR YOUR CAR OR IM NOT LOOKING GOOD ON THE WEB. BUT IF YOU DECIDE TO DO THE ENGINE SWAP http://www.modacar.com/car/Acura/Integra/ THEY HAVE A LOT OF PARTS AND THEY ALSO HAVE A COMPLETE ENGINE WITH ECU AND EVERY THING THAT THE ENGINE NEEDS TO RUN. BUT THE AREODYNAMICS YOU CAN CHOOSE YOUR SELF CAUSE I HAVENT SEEN NICE 1990 INTEGRA BODY KITS BUT I WOULD PUT A WING FOR SURE (ONLY IF IT ACTUALLY GIVES DOWN FORCE OTHER WISE ITS JUST A WASTE OF MONEY AND ADDED WEIGHT).

Kilboy57
07-19-2003, 10:25 PM
A wing isnt a good move...DirtyDawgs ur right they do create down force but where?.....Answer the rear wheels where the wing is placed....Teggys are front wheel drive cars we dont want the rear wheels haveing pressure on them.....Basically it would be like dragging your ass across the ground....the big wings that create down force are only functional for RWD cars and only extremely fast ones at that.

Body kits and wings are only about style...if ur looking to race ur car they really arent for u...Also I'm not ragging on kits I thing if they are done right they look awesome...they just really dont serve a purpose for the most part

whtteg
07-19-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Kilboy57
A wing isnt a good move...DirtyDawgs ur right they do create down force but where?.....Answer the rear wheels where the wing is placed....Teggys are front wheel drive cars we dont want the rear wheels haveing pressure on them.....Basically it would be like dragging your ass across the ground....the big wings that create down force are only functional for RWD cars and only extremely fast ones at that.

Body kits and wings are only about style...if ur looking to race ur car they really arent for u...Also I'm not ragging on kits I thing if they are done right they look awesome...they just really dont serve a purpose for the most part

That is not entirely true. Wings can be a good thing on FWD cars as well, but 99% of the cars on the street don't need them, b/c they don't do anything until high speeds. The down force created by the wings are not to keep the rear wheels from spinning but rather to keep the car firmly pressed to the ground. If you had a real functinal wing and needed it then you would also need a real functional front bumper or airdam to push the front down as well.

Kilboy57
07-20-2003, 07:42 PM
I know the down force isnt to prevent wheel spin but to firmly press the tires down....hense the comment "dragging ur ass"...

But I didnt know that the air dams created down force for the front end....u learn something everyday....:bigthumb:

youngstrtracer15
07-21-2003, 11:05 PM
thanks alot yall really helped me out so now all i have to do is get a job and since i am turning 15 on july 22 i can get one so wish me luck on my car and i will be back for some more advice peace.

:bigthumb:

Kilboy57
07-22-2003, 10:44 AM
Happy Birthday Dude!!! :bigthumb:

Add your comment to this topic!