Any idea how i can mix this colour??

Davoaldo
07-17-2003, 06:18 PM
Hi just wondering if you guys can help me out on colour mixing.....
I want to get somethign close to this colour with Tamiya acrylics cause thats all i use.......

does X-31 look close to it?? and how do i mix to make X-31 a bit lighter?? do i use clear..... or... um.. i have no idea any suggestions.... :icon16:

themodelkid
07-17-2003, 06:29 PM
Idk tamiya paints at all, but def. use clear cote, alot of people donr use it on anyhting, i say use it on every thing, not just metallics. It makes it easyer to polish and looks better. We clear everything at the shop, so y not models?

jdmwhizkid
07-17-2003, 06:30 PM
That kinda looks more like a pearl than a metal flake like X-31, so I think your going to have to use something else on this one. Maybe go to your local M-B dealership and see if they have that colour on catalog, and maybe a paint chip for you. You might be able to try spraying a silver base coat like X-31, then getting some pearl powder and mixing it with some clear and spray over that, but you'd need to airbrush that. You might have some trouble with this one.:dunno:

themodelkid
07-17-2003, 06:34 PM
If you want to go the auto paint way, i can mix you the exact color, we have a very big color catolag, and i could send it to you, i would just charge you for the paint and shipping. We use Dupont paint, btw.:smile:

*edit* I work at a body shop, thats how i get the paint.

chrismcgee
07-17-2003, 06:38 PM
use titanum silver, it has that champagne look

freakmech
07-17-2003, 06:40 PM
Actually a did a color very similiar to that with Tamiya paint trying to replicate my cars color which is a little darker. i started with Gloss White then drop by drop added X-31 till i got a desired effect. you need to use white as the base but you might want to use Gold Leaf instead of X-31 because the metallic flakes are finer. if you get the right mixture but feel its its a little to gold then add a little X-32 to soften the gold but keep the pearl look.

hobbes874
07-17-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by chrismcgee
use titanum silver, it has that champagne look
:iagree: but add in a little white too.

doraemon
07-18-2003, 05:22 AM
Yes, use titanium silver, but try to soften with white, this way, you'll get more pearl effect rather than mettalic and after this you MUST clear the paint, you should use tamiya spray can, and if you polish the pain of the spray can.... you'll get a mirror like gloss!!!

Rtuned
07-18-2003, 12:33 PM
Is a champagne gold mica or champagne silver mica by Mr. hobby.

Rtuned :redface: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DSM-Mark
07-18-2003, 01:13 PM
Base as mentioned, but whatever you do, don't skip the clear. Lots and lots of clear.

And 9/10s of the effect of that paint is caused by it being incredibly smooth. You're going to need a lot of polish and Tamiya Wax for this one.....

Desi Z 07
07-18-2003, 10:15 PM
Are you aribrushing this??? If not i dont think that all of these colors come in teh spray can. But thats just me :rolleyes: . that is a really good color... but it looks like a lot of work... but have fun, :bigthumb:

Davoaldo
07-19-2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Desi Z 07
Are you aribrushing this??? If not i dont think that all of these colors come in teh spray can. But thats just me :rolleyes: . that is a really good color... but it looks like a lot of work... but have fun, :bigthumb:

Yeah i'm 100% airbrushign it for sure..... no way i can do it any other way.... cept if i go get auto paints but i don't liek them much cause they don't come out fine enough....

geronimo77
07-19-2003, 03:56 AM
Hi,

Do you know how can I create this color?
Gold with clear orange or bronze with clear orange?

Thanks,
Gergo

Davoaldo
07-19-2003, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by geronimo77
Hi,

Do you know how can I create this color?
Gold with clear orange or bronze with clear orange?

Thanks,
Gergo

Well you use tamiya metallic brown X-34 and tamiya clear X-22
welll at lease thats what i used..... you can c the results here.....

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t119387-1.html

freakmech
07-19-2003, 04:53 AM
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: but for more authentic look a Metallic Rust color is what you want. if you go to an auto parts store they can give you color codes for any car.... technically this color is called Le Mans Sunset and most auto stores will have touch up paint in this color but auto colors are "hotter" then model paint so good priming is important

Add your comment to this topic!