How do u paint the engine room?

DJ RaYgU
07-16-2003, 07:21 PM
How do u paint those finely detailed engine rooms and what do u use to pick out the details? Thx!:confused:

TheSyndicate
07-16-2003, 08:59 PM
You mean the compartment? Most people paint them the same color as the body, since that's how it is on most real cars. For small details, skill with a #0 brush and a steady hand has served me well.

jdmaccordian
07-17-2003, 12:07 AM
i think both of you were looking for the phrase "engine BAY" ! But yea I spray the engine bay the same color as the body-- I just use the same paint (and method) that I use for the body then go into detail w. those micro-scale brushes and toothpicks.

Integra06
07-17-2003, 12:27 AM
For battery posts and small details you can use a toothpick with paint on the end. For hoses and the like, all you need is a 00 brush, paint, and a steady hand. If you have a scrap body, everyone here would recommend that you practice with that before moving on to a display model and ruining it only to discover that the few minutes of practice would have saved you a whole lot of trouble. I'm almost certain that there is at least one easier way, but those are the only ones I know of. Good luck.:wink:

DJ RaYgU
07-17-2003, 08:36 PM
Engine room, engine bay, engine compartment....same difference!!:thefinger

TheSyndicate
07-17-2003, 09:10 PM
right...

so did we answer your question?

IwannaDRift
07-18-2003, 06:18 AM
This response is mainly directed toward TheSyndicate....

"wel, i wrekon dat da typs dat yu pepo gaiv kunserneeng da injin rhoom wuz lyke xpert typs"pepo hav fhun paynt kars an yu hellp dem paynt.... i TInk dat gud

Translation:
"Well, I believe that the tips that you have given concerning the engine room/bay were very helpful and show your expertise. People enjoy painting their scale vehicles and you have made their work easier. I think that this is a worthwhile help, for all of us."

Bottom line:
We all, for the most part, know how to speak and/or type using proper english, but when we respond to forums, we don't need to put our advanced english II to work, and we really don't need a uptight mystery man to complain when we don't... Ok???

and yeah, I know that this is off topic and I know that the police will be at my house shortly for breaking some kind of unwritten rule or whatever, but I really needed to get this off my chest... And try to be a little more friendly when someone asks a silly question, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't click that respond button.. Have a nice day

:biggrin: :biggrin:

CamaroSSBoy346
07-18-2003, 11:35 AM
To paint all the molded wires on or inside the engine bay (like the revell ITR), i reccomend Testors Paint Pens.

TheSyndicate
07-18-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by IwannaDRift
This response is mainly directed toward TheSyndicate....

"wel, i wrekon dat da typs dat yu pepo gaiv kunserneeng da injin rhoom wuz lyke xpert typs"pepo hav fhun paynt kars an yu hellp dem paynt.... i TInk dat gud

Translation:
"Well, I believe that the tips that you have given concerning the engine room/bay were very helpful and show your expertise. People enjoy painting their scale vehicles and you have made their work easier. I think that this is a worthwhile help, for all of us."

Bottom line:
We all, for the most part, know how to speak and/or type using proper english, but when we respond to forums, we don't need to put our advanced english II to work, and we really don't need a uptight mystery man to complain when we don't... Ok???

and yeah, I know that this is off topic and I know that the police will be at my house shortly for breaking some kind of unwritten rule or whatever, but I really needed to get this off my chest... And try to be a little more friendly when someone asks a silly question, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't click that respond button.. Have a nice day

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Ugh, not even worth it. I've done this so much that you don't want to start with me.

bah humbug
07-18-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by DJ RaYgU
Engine room, engine bay, engine compartment....same difference!!:thefinger

Well anyways, that car in you sig is beautiful! :biggrin:
I know it's an evo but I don't really know which one.
I don't think they have many of those evos in america.

Let me guess tho, Evo V?

Edit

Dam, I was wrong. It's a VI

Well I still think V and VI are better looking than VII and VIII

Let me tell you a korny joke. :thefinger

Why was 8 scared of 7? because 7 ate 9. :icon16:

TheSyndicate
07-18-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by bah humbug

Well anyways, that car in you sig is beautiful! :biggrin:
I know it's an evo but I don't really know which one.
I don't think they have many of those evos in america.

Let me guess tho, Evo V?

Edit

Dam, I was wrong. It's a VI

Well I still think V and VI are better looking than VII and VIII

Let me tell you a korny joke. :thefinger

Why was 8 scared of 7? because 7 ate 9. :icon16:

That made me smile. :iceslolan

Honoturtle
07-18-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by CamaroSSBoy346
To paint all the molded wires on or inside the engine bay (like the revell ITR), i reccomend Testors Paint Pens.
The paint tips can be cut in many different shapes to target what you want to paint, and you don't have to clean brushes! :)

Add your comment to this topic!