Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

GTS4 or GTs-t

Baby_God
11-19-2001, 11:40 PM
Gday all,

i am looking for a second-hand skyline HR32 in aussie,
and i am confused btw GTS4 and GTs-t..

which one is better? ( i know this question is stupid..^^)

well..before the above question...what is GTS4~?

cheers

darkness
11-19-2001, 11:47 PM
R32 GTS-t is a 2L turbo.

R32 GTS-4 is 2L turbo with 4 wheel drive.

But it's not a permanent 4WD like the subaru or Evo. It's a torque split system. Most of the time it's rear only but in high g-force cornering or acceleration it transfers power to the front wheels. It's the same system thats in the GT-R

I'd say go for the gts-4, but I'm bias because I own one.

They drive awesome, and you can still do burnouts by pulling the fuse that controls it.

raptor
11-20-2001, 12:35 AM
The GTS-4 sticks like shit to a blanket when you want it to and you can always pull that fuse out if you want a bit of that rear wheel fun.
Its slightly heavier which might be a downside though:grey:

Baby_God
11-20-2001, 12:46 AM
is it easy to find 93' HR32 GTS4 with 2 doors?
I normally can see GTS4 with 4 doors...

lol

raptor
11-20-2001, 01:02 AM
Dunno what it's like in OZ but I had to look for a while to get a reasonable two door in Auckland for the money I had.I managed to get a 93 one but it was an auto so now I'll just have to spend more to convert it. Don't think that its's the cheapest car to convert sounds like you hvae to look hard for a box similar or the same as a GTR from what I've found out. Buggered thats me. :grey:

darkness
11-20-2001, 03:25 AM
yeah the gts-4 uses the gt-r box, and they are damn expensive. I'm just hoping i don't screw mine.

mines a 4 door, it's still one awesome car and hey it just means more friends can ride.

GSr32
11-20-2001, 03:29 AM
Hey, I tell you what, 4 dr aint bad. 2 dr looks better, but 4 dr is more practical. Yeah, GTS4 gives you the best of both worlds, 2wd or 4wd, drift mode or non-drift mode, has a weight penalty, but not a great deal. I would choose GTS4, imho.

Pva_Glue
11-20-2001, 04:01 AM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
G -Great on Fuel

T -Terrible on Power

S- Shit on drags

4 -4 Chicks in the car!

Priceless...
----------------------------------------------------------------------

My GTS-4 (http://members@iinet.net.au/~hongas)

GTS-4 Ben
11-20-2001, 07:43 AM
On the R32 GTS-4

G - God I have to put more fuel in!

T - Terrific Power on 14psi !

S - Slicks... who needs em?

4 - 4WD, you have got to love it!

I love my GTS-4. I have put a switch in the fuse, so I just flick it while rolling to do skids :D

Does a 14.0 1/4 with exaust/filter and 14psi boost.

I sold my nice white GTS-T and got the GTS-4.

Ben

Pva_Glue
11-22-2001, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by GTS-4 Ben
On the R32 GTS-4

I love my GTS-4. I have put a switch in the fuse, so I just flick it while rolling to do skids :D

Ben

Hi ben !

Is this possible on R33 GTS-4?

I was researhing about it but...I gave up. :(.

Do you have any guidline/infomation?

darkness
11-22-2001, 09:05 PM
I don't think it's possible on an R33 GTS-4. THe R32 uses a computer control to transfer the power. I've heard the R33 uses a viscous coupling so you can't actually disable it without taking out the front Drive-shaft

Darkness.
------------
:devil:

nissky
11-25-2001, 09:19 PM
get a gts4!!!

there is no traction in the wet!!! and im not exaggerating!!!

but i would never get a gts4, hehehe

Doctor
11-25-2001, 09:42 PM
I have a 2 door manual GTS 4 with 60,000kms, 3in exhaust, suspension, alcohol injection, filter blah blah blah blah. If you offered me the right money, I might consider a sale. So i can get my dream car a white R32 GTR. How lovely it would be.
Doc

Baby_God
11-26-2001, 06:03 AM
first of all, thank u for ur reply..

by the way, tell me more about ur baby-godzilla..

colour and which turbin.....

and if possible, i want to see the pic of ur car...^^

cheers~

Doctor
11-27-2001, 08:13 PM
G'day Boys,

My car is Gunmetal grey in colour, running standard turbo at 11psi due the 3 inch zorst. Bloody HUGE K&N filter, lowered 1.5 inchs w/ King springs, have almost finished the alcohol injection. And all of the standard stuff that you get with a turbo Skyline ie. Hicas, 4WD, Climate control blah blah blah blah.
i would only sell if I was offered the right price, cause I have fallen in love with it.
Its in great nick, I bought it through a friend who imports cars, so I know that it is decent.
I don't know if I cab get a photo as I am lacking in the technology department.

Cheers,
Ben

phi
12-12-2001, 11:04 PM
Surely the R33 must still have some sort of computer control otherwise how does it control the when to engage the front wheels? Is it completely based on the liquid and the shafts?

I would have thought computer control would be a lot better?

Gonthrax
12-13-2001, 08:54 PM
I'm not sure about the R33 GTS4, but I beleave the ATTESSA takes care of the torque splitting eletronicly. Correct me if I'm wrong all ye experts out there.

Dean McGuigan
12-16-2001, 11:45 PM
Guys, I own a retail car yard selling sports cars. I have two GTS-4 Skylines, both in manual form. I also have two GT-R models. All of these are the R32 Models and are available for sale in New Zealand. The R33 Skyline GTS-4 is not turbo charged and is a real let down in terms of performance, you dont even need the 4wd system as it never looses traction. In the city where I live, there are many nutters modifing the hell out of their Skylines and still live to tell the tale. I believe that the system incorperated in the GTS-4 and the GT-R are the most driveable methods for putting power to the ground without giving the driver an unwarranted feeling of driving ability. With a Skyline, it will get a little loose long before completely letting go, unlike Evolution and WRX. Love it and Live!!

Gonthrax
12-17-2001, 12:30 AM
I'm just going to have to nod my head and take your word for it as I haven't drivin one of these beasts *mumble mumble damn US import policys*.

But a move to NZ for school is in the picture for me so if I like it, I may stay! I hope I'll get a chance to drive a GTR sometime during my say though.

dannyvd
04-02-2003, 10:44 PM
hey i live in brizzy i have a gtst i would pick the gts4 but i have not seen one of them in a two door anywhere

Add your comment to this topic!