Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rally Great Britain - Personal experiences asked for

potsie
07-16-2003, 10:42 AM
Hi Guys,

I have just moved to the UK for two years, from Australia. I am living in Leeds, with my partner, who happened to live in South Wales as a child. We have always wanted to visit the town where she grew up, and thought we might as well throw in a bit of Rally sightseeing as well (seriously, she likes the idea).

So my question is....have anyof you guys attended RGB before, and if so what are you thoughts - place to stay, spectator points, ease of getting around etc. I know I can get info online and elsewhere, but I wanted some personal experiences, as I always think they are more useful to make a judgement.

Cheers,
Pots.

freakray
07-16-2003, 10:43 AM
Get a hold of Subie Gal over in the Subaru forum, she has been to RGB several times I believe, I'm sure she will be more than happy to help you out with some pointers.

BTW, I envy you :frown:

potsie
07-17-2003, 04:18 AM
Thanks Freakray. I might take your advice - anyone who has been there just once has more of an idea than me!

Focus2000
07-22-2003, 07:40 AM
The current Rally GB is a pale imitation of its former self. It covers a fraction of the stages it used to, when it used to come as far north as Clumber Park (near where I live). Nowadays it's all based around Cardiff and should really be called the Rally Of Wales. Not that that is a problem for your partner :biggrin:

I also hear that you have to pay nearly £20 per person to get into a stage, and the marshalling is very efficient in keeping people to 'official' tracks (thanks to Dave Richards). I haven't witnessed this myself, but it did put me off making the trip down to Wales last year.

Sorry to sound negative, you'll more than likely have a fantastic time :cool:

Add your comment to this topic!