Factroy Painted Chrome Rim Opinion

agricus
07-16-2003, 09:27 AM
Hi,

I am new here, and also new to the automotive modelling, i done alot of fighter planes before but a lot of painting skill probably won't apply to the car modelling. Currently I am following the paint how-to from the FAQ section.

I am building an Lancer Evo VI, the rim is already chromed. Should i repainted with chrome paint to get more authentic look? or it is fine the way it is?

I appreciate all the help i can get on this.

Thanx

Agricus :cool:

Veyron
07-16-2003, 10:06 AM
Welcome! They look more realistic if you deplate them and paint them with a good silver like Alclad Polished Alum. or Tamiya TS 17 Gloss Aluminum, then clear coat. Unless of course if it is chrome plated and you like the chrome look. Most plating looks too toy like to me so I like the painting method for aluminum look wheels. :smile:

doraemon
07-16-2003, 10:49 AM
Its up to you, IMO, you should leave the factory chrome, cause its like the one that is used on the mirrors of the car you know, and other things, its chemical, you'll never get a better chrome look than the chemical one, but be sure that the chrome doesnt waste when you take the rim out of the plastic grid you know, if so... you'll have to repaint, if you want a silver look, repaint it, if you want chrome, leave it.

agricus
07-16-2003, 11:10 AM
Thanx I appreciate the help:smile:

Add your comment to this topic!