Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Any one built Revell's Ferrari Racing Truck??

TireGaint
07-15-2003, 09:45 PM
Any one? pics?:biggrin:

TheSyndicate
07-15-2003, 10:17 PM
:useless:

BaNe
07-15-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by TheSyndicate
:useless:

then supply some. :thefinger

TireGaint
07-15-2003, 11:10 PM
http://www.hannants.co.uk/pics/RV7561.JPG

Biting_Point
07-16-2003, 06:04 AM
i tot of buying it.. its in 1/24 scale.. but i was told that this truck is for F1.. then it can only be a stand alone.. because 1/20 F1 is way too big for it..

but if you wanna use it for 1/24 ferraris like Enzo, 360.. it still can be used to do a beautiful diorama..

the kit costs S$199.. which is about US$115..

TireGaint
07-16-2003, 07:39 AM
But I would like this as an IVECO Eurostar or Stallis.:bigthumb:

Jamesonscale
07-16-2003, 07:45 AM
Not quite true....there are quite a few 1/24th F1 kits available from Revell AG as well as a very nice metal Ferrari 1/24th kit from Tameo. Back in the day Hasegawa made a whole slew of F1 kits in 1/24th as well. (Although they aren't of the right era for this truck) .

Yes I have this truck but have yet to build it. I also have the Becker Ferrari truck, the Mercedes Team truck, the Subaru Truck with WRX kit, and 2 old school 1/32nd scale Entex team transorters for the Tyrrel and Ferrari teams.....all yet to be built. I'd also love to hear from someone who has built them.

freakray
07-16-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Biting_Point
i tot of buying it.. its in 1/24 scale.. but i was told that this truck is for F1.. then it can only be a stand alone.. because 1/20 F1 is way too big for it..

but if you wanna use it for 1/24 ferraris like Enzo, 360.. it still can be used to do a beautiful diorama..

the kit costs S$199.. which is about US$115..

You can get the Scuderia truck for around US$80.

Like Jamesonscale said, you can get 1/24 F1 Ferrari's.

bigfrit
07-16-2003, 09:23 AM
BUT , you would want to make it correctly, right, so you have to be able to get some marlboro decals for the truck as well, as his is the scuderia ferrari Marlboro.
Olivier

freakray
07-16-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by bigfrit
BUT , you would want to make it correctly, right, so you have to be able to get some marlboro decals for the truck as well, as his is the scuderia ferrari Marlboro.
Olivier

Depends on the race the truck is transporting the cars to, in some countries the teams can't 'wear' their Tabacco company sponsor logos so they have to remove them, looks to me like there is space for the Marlboro logo aside the Ferrari one on the truck (white square area).

bigfrit
07-16-2003, 09:40 AM
yep, that's the reason why I replied.

As i don't think any decal manufacturer makes those sizes of decals, or am I wrong here ?

Olivier

subyfanatic
07-16-2003, 10:57 AM
I had four but now I've got two Italeri Subaru Rally Team trucks w/car that are unbuilt, very nice quality and detail. I really only bought them because I'm a huge Suby freak and these were on a special blowout sale for $50, they're $79.99 now :eek7:
I'd love to build that Ferrari truck though, I'd need to find a car to go with it first. Here's a pic of the Subaru kit-

Bigg "E"
:bigthumb: :bananasmi

PS- Where is the Ferrari truck available for less than $100, I can't seem to find it anywhere for under that

druid_99
07-16-2003, 01:04 PM
I have the Revell's Ferarri Racing truck and currently building it slowly (and I do mean slowly...). I've only started building the engine and chasis (nice detail) but a little cleaning up has to be done (filling up the gaps, sink holes and cleaning the fleshing). The fiting is quite good but my progress is slow because I got caught up with building other models. :biggrin:

TireGaint
07-16-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by subyfanatic
I had four but now I've got two Italeri Subaru Rally Team trucks w/car that are unbuilt, very nice quality and detail. I really only bought them because I'm a huge Suby freak and these were on a special blowout sale for $50, they're $79.99 now :eek7:
I'd love to build that Ferrari truck though, I'd need to find a car to go with it first. Here's a pic of the Subaru kit-

Bigg "E"

PS- Where is the Ferrari truck available for less than $100, I can't seem to find it anywhere for under that

Pics of inside?:biggrin:

TireGaint
07-16-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by druid_99
I have the Revell's Ferarri Racing truck and currently building it slowly (and I do mean slowly...). I've only started building the engine and chasis (nice detail) but a little cleaning up has to be done (filling up the gaps, sink holes and cleaning the fleshing). The fiting is quite good but my progress is slow because I got caught up with building other models. :biggrin:

Any pics?:biggrin:

XspudX
07-17-2003, 04:10 AM

Bigg "E"

A friend of a friend has this fully built in a great garage diorama. I envy him for buying it instead of me.

Anyone built the Ducati truck and trailor?

subyfanatic
07-17-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by TireGaint

Pics of inside?:biggrin:

Here's inside of box-

zerrocool
07-17-2003, 05:02 PM
more pic's please!!!!!! :bigthumb:

TireGaint
07-17-2003, 09:37 PM

Here's inside of box-

Is it a re-box kit for the WRC from Tamiya??:bigthumb: Thanks for the pic.:smile:

druid_99
07-18-2003, 09:30 PM
TireGiant, I will try to provide pictures but maybe tomorrow or the day after because I didn't have a digital camera so I have to borrow it from my friend:biggrin:

TireGaint
07-18-2003, 10:13 PM
TireGiant, I will try to provide pictures but maybe tomorrow or the day after because I didn't have a digital camera so I have to borrow it from my friend:biggrin:

druid_99, Two thumbs-up to you. Thanks buddy.:bigthumb:

druid_99
07-20-2003, 09:22 AM
This is the parts for the truck (none has been built, still on sprues)

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/485216Truck1.jpg

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/852908Truck2.jpg

And this is the parts for the trailer (as you can see, I have only built the engine and some part of the chasis but haven't painted it, this model will take a very, very long time to build)

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/933668Trailer1.jpg

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/383542Trailer2.jpg

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/822361Trailer3.jpg

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/113516Trailer4.jpg

The progress of this kit is really, really slow because I got caught up with other model kit and I will only continue it when I bought a new hand-piece for the airbrush, so there's no point in putting this up in the in progress forum...
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

TireGaint
07-20-2003, 01:06 PM
This is the parts for the truck (none has been built, still on sprues)

The progress of this kit is really, really slow because I got caught up with other model kit and I will only continue it when I bought a new hand-piece for the airbrush, so there's no point in putting this up in the in progress forum...
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Thanks bro, I think i will get one in this weekend and share pics with you afterward.:bigthumb:

druid_99
07-20-2003, 02:23 PM
Cool... I hope that I can at least finish the engine and chasis, but I will have to wait for a new handpiece for my airbrush for the truck and trailer body... as long as I'm not caught up with another model from my "to be built" collection :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

darrenj
07-21-2003, 03:26 AM
Does any one know about the Ford rally team trucks ( I am building a Ford rally garage scene) Are they a similiar truck to the Subaru team (Scania)

TireGaint
07-21-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by darrenj
Does any one know about the Ford rally team trucks ( I am building a Ford rally garage scene) Are they a similiar truck to the Subaru team (Scania)

not sure. We dont have so many team trucks pics on the internet. Building a garage scene? with Tamiya WRC mechanic set? Excellent.:bigthumb:

freakray
07-21-2003, 08:41 AM

I didn't even know a model of one existed, any source of information on this?
If there is one I would like to know too.....

TireGaint
07-21-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by freakray

I didn't even know a model of one existed, any source of information on this?
If there is one I would like to know too.....

http://www.italeri.com/articolo2.asp?ProCodice=3812&ProDescrizione=Subaru+Racing+Team+T%2BT

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?postid=1084225
098-3812------Subaru R. Team Truck+Trailer

freakray
07-21-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by TireGaint

http://www.italeri.com/articolo2.asp?ProCodice=3812&ProDescrizione=Subaru+Racing+Team+T%2BT

Nice try smartass, but the guy said a Ford Rally Team Truck :loser:

I have the Subaru one, whoop-de-doo, but if there was a Ford one too I wanted to know.....

subyfanatic
07-22-2003, 10:19 AM
I zoomed in on the truck in this image, seems different than the Ferrari Scuderia or Subaru Scania

Bigg "E"

freakray
07-22-2003, 10:26 AM
I zoomed in on the truck in this image, seems different than the Ferrari Scuderia or Subaru Scania

Bigg "E"

The Ferrari Scuderia truck is an Iveco, the Subaru Rally Team truck is a Scania, I believe the Ford team utilise Ford trucks.

subyfanatic
07-22-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by freakray

The Ferrari Scuderia truck is an Iveco, the Subaru Rally Team truck is a Scania, I believe the Ford team utilise Ford trucks.

I did a little more research and found that Ford Racing is using the Iveco Eurostar. Hence, this is why the Iveco kit here at the top of the thread looks different, it's an older cab style. The truck in the picture I zoomed looks like the newer Eurostar though. The image below should be the more current Scuderia Ferrari team truck.

Bigg "E"

freakray
07-22-2003, 12:27 PM

I did a little more research and found that Ford Racing is using the Iveco Eurostar. Hence, this is why the Iveco kit here at the top of the thread looks different, it's an older cab style. The truck in the picture I zoomed looks like the newer Eurostar though. The image below should be the more current Scuderia Ferrari team truck.

Bigg "E"

Good call. IIRC Iveco is a Fiat brand....that explains why Scuderia use their trucks, I think Ford Rallye Sport still use the Transit vans for support too though, I know I have seen one of their support vehicles is a Ford.

darrenj
07-24-2003, 04:39 PM
Obviusly the Ford Rally Team will use ford transport (a no brainer, or brain fade):redface:

But then we have a post from freakray on the Iveco eurostar

originally posted by TireGaint
not sure. We dont have so many team trucks pics on the internet. Building a garage scene? with Tamiya WRC mechanic set? Excellent.
Actually ordered the new Tamiya rally garage crew, will come next week. I also have peices from the Fujimu garage set and Fujimu garage mechanics....
I have not reached far though.. am still stuck on the engine.. Using the 1999 Ford Focus WRC Safari winner by Hasegawa....and doing a scratch built engine detail!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bloated:

So the actual diorama is still in sketch land..
check out my diary link WARNING not updated in several months!!!!!!
I have new pics buthave not put them in yet!!
http://www.angelfire.com/de2/darren/fordiary.html

AngelSaxo
07-24-2003, 04:51 PM
can you say me the dimensions of kits? i'm very interesting in a trailer....

freakray
07-24-2003, 06:39 PM
Obviusly the Ford Rally Team will use ford transport (a no brainer, or brain fade):redface:

But then we have a post from freakray on the Iveco eurostar

[/url]

Not often I choose to flame...BUT...

Read the thread, I was of the impression Ford DID use their own trucks for their rally support crew, I was corrected by Subyfanatic to the fact they use Iveco trucks and Ford vans.
I didn't even bring up the Eurostar, but of course you knew that because you read the whole thread, NOT.

You need to read the thread before you post, you only loose my respect by making such ignorant and rash statements as yours.

darrenj
07-25-2003, 04:42 AM
originally posted by freakray
Not often I choose to flame...BUT...

Read the thread, I was of the impression Ford DID use their own trucks for their rally support crew, I was corrected by Subyfanatic to the fact they use Iveco trucks and Ford vans.
I didn't even bring up the Eurostar, but of course you knew that because you read the whole thread, NOT.

You need to read the thread before you post, you only loose my respect by making such ignorant and rash statements as yours.

Soorryy that was not my intention
subyfanatic mentioned eurostar!!!
Does anyone good sites for pics of the ford transport and service trucks.. not necessarily with Rally liveries, that can be worked out later

Add your comment to this topic!