Anyone else?

Integra06
07-15-2003, 09:51 PM
Is anyone else FOR banning the little 10 year old kids from the Modifiers forum? (Not the people that have been here for while, like RacemySS_454)

freakray
07-15-2003, 09:59 PM
If they are actually ten years old, then they can neither legally sign up for the modifiers forum nor this one, so they should be banned because of their age:redface:

spoolin12
07-15-2003, 10:01 PM
What is the reason for banning them? what have they done? :confused:

I dont mind them beeing on this forum but as long as we dont get unhappy parents complaining about the rude language. lol :tongue:

freakray
07-15-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by spoolin12
What is the reason for banning them? what have they done? :confused:

I dont mind them beeing on this forum but as long as we dont get unhappy parents complaining about the rude language. lol :tongue:

Legally, unless they are 13 they can't divulge the information required for them to join the forum without a parent's consent, since there is no way to prove consent has been given by a parent, they are not able to join.

Integra06
07-15-2003, 10:14 PM
For being annoying, ignorant to the policies in this forum, being inconsiderate to everyone here, for not being willing to try to search for an answer to something and then demanding an immediate answer from people and getting mad when it is not the answer they wanted because we couldn't understand what the original post was asking. It's not that hard to get on to the forum if your under 13, all you have to do is click the link saying that you are thirteen.

CamaroSSBoy346
07-15-2003, 10:57 PM
I dunno.. I never had a problem with a modifer kid on here?:redface:

spoolin12
07-15-2003, 10:59 PM
Ok makes sence...ban em! LOL :tongue: :nutkick:

Integra06
07-15-2003, 11:32 PM
Do you really think the honor system works anymore?

BaNe
07-16-2003, 12:08 AM
I think you should banned for making this thread!!!! :banhim:

supratuner
07-16-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Integra06
For being annoying, ignorant to the policies in this forum, being inconsiderate to everyone here, for not being willing to try to search for an answer to something and then demanding an immediate answer from people and getting mad when it is not the answer they wanted because we couldn't understand what the original post was asking. It's not that hard to get on to the forum if your under 13, all you have to do is click the link saying that you are thirteen.

:comprage1 i agree :owned: :yugosmili

Slipknot
07-16-2003, 03:29 AM
whi is it that we are banning can i have some names, because ive never noticed any 10 year olds around here. ill vote whn i have names.:iceslolan

TheSyndicate
07-16-2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Slipknot
whi is it that we are banning can i have some names, because ive never noticed any 10 year olds around here. ill vote whn i have names.:iceslolan

Your brother.

chrismcgee
07-16-2003, 03:52 AM
well i think we should ban people who realy are offensive and never have anything nice to say, this is a constructive group here to help each other. but one bad apple can spoil the lot, i think a few warnings before an expulsion could be better maybe, make people change there ways.
plus off the topic criticism such as grammar should be discouraged as it is neither helpful or wanted.

just my 2 cents

TheSyndicate
07-16-2003, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by chrismcgee
well i think we should ban people who realy are offensive and never have anything nice to say, this is a constructive group here to help each other. but one bad apple can spoil the lot, i think a few warnings before an expulsion could be better maybe, make people change there ways.
plus off the topic criticism such as grammar should be discouraged as it is neither helpful or wanted.

just my 2 cents

Aw...you like to indulge in your obvious obliviousness towards your disregard for clean and thorough communication? :lol: :lol: :lol:

chrismcgee
07-16-2003, 08:50 AM
i just get fed up of having to write precisely all day at work then at a "friendly forum". hmmmm are my models gonna get an "A" and my description get an "C-" lol.
im not at school and dont need a teacher, i will let my money and cars do the talking on how successful i am ! plus word makes sure i spell correcty!

so lets just do models here ok!

freakray
07-16-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by chrismcgee
I just get fed up of having to write precisely all day at work then at a "friendly forum". hmmmm are my models gonna get an "A" and my description get an "C-" lol.
I'm not at school and dont need a teacher, I will let my money and cars do the talking on how successful I am! plus word makes sure I spell correctly!

so lets just do models here ok!

Word didn't help you much today did it?:icon16: j/k

To be honest Chris, I don't care how much money you have, as long as you're a decent guy who builds decent models I am happy.

freakray
07-16-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Integra06

You're very right, any 10 year old can claim to be 13 to get on the forum, my insignificant point is that if they are 10 they shouldn't be here anyway.....legally speaking.

And you're right about how annoying it is they don't want to search and want immediate answers.

Integra06
07-16-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by freakray

You're very right, any 10 year old can claim to be 13 to get on the forum, my insignificant point is that if they are 10 they shouldn't be here anyway.....legally speaking.

And you're right about how annoying it is they don't want to search and want immediate answers.
You're very right, they shouldn't be here anyway, but it is hard to tell who really is under the age limit. They may not be little kids, they might be 16 or 17, but they are acting like little kids by throwing tantrums when we don't say only good stuff about their models and don't answer the same questions over and over again for them because they are too lazy to do a search or look for the topic that was answered a page back.

freakmech
07-16-2003, 10:34 AM
why do you want to ban me. tell me now, i dont feel like searching for the reason. you suck. how do you make a honda an acura. no thats not how... my freind did it and he said.... yeah its annoying but so are alot of older people. get over it. how old are you by the way? sounds like your little brother is getting on your nerves by reading your post:iceslolan :iceslolan :iceslolan :iceslolan :iceslolan :iceslolan :iceslolan :iceslolan :iceslolan :iceslolan :iceslolan :iceslolan :iceslolan :iceslolan :iceslolan :sly:

Integra06
07-16-2003, 10:43 AM
1: I don't have a little brother, I don't want one, and will never have one.
2: I wasn't referring to you yourself.
3: That's not lazyness for not wanting to search for a thread about changing a Honda to an Acura. It would be nearly impossible to find one about it anyway.
4: I'm 15.

freakmech
07-16-2003, 11:05 AM
I was joking... i was trying to be an annoying ten year old.:iceslolan i know where your coming from with the whole young people thing and what not but there are alot of older annoying people too! this is the problem with forums and the internet in general. there is always some prick trying to start crap. im 30 now and ive just learned to ignore it. sorry but banning people could result in worst problems. especially when the person you ban goes to his friends house and retalliates. then youve got 20 annoying friends of his giving you crap. Forums will always have these problems. i know... its sucks... i feel for you! and me... and everyone!

dag65
07-16-2003, 03:47 PM
I am new here, signed up a few weeks ago. I vote for banning those who are always extremely sarcastic and rude regardless of age. Often at least one person on this forum responds like a real Richard Cranium.
Everyones standard answer seems to be check the FAQ. Thats great, however depending on which keywords or terms you use you may not find what you are looking for. And if someone finds it they don't understand and they need a different explanation, or has anyone ever considered that there are many ways to do something and various products that can be used.
I really thought this forum was to share ideas and info about and promote the modelling hobby, not an ego booster for some individuals. Just my opinion, I will continue to share , I don't care how old you are or what you build or if you are asking the same question that has been asked before!

freakmech
07-16-2003, 03:58 PM
DAG65... ive read most of your posts and youve been fine. dont sweat it. you actually gave me a great idea about my VeeDub so this isnt aimed at you... or at least it shouldnt be! cool in my book!:ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

dag65
07-16-2003, 04:07 PM
Oh I wasn't concerned that it was aimed at me. I was just making an observation, and actually FerrariTR and I had a similar conversation to this one at our club meeting last week.
I posted you a few links for the VW hope they help, can't wait to see it done, I drive a 95 Golf Sport with all the bolt on goodies, love the DUBS

Jay!
07-16-2003, 07:32 PM
My completely serious recommendation for everyone who has posted in this thread:

How can I get rid of all the other people in this forum that I can't stand? (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=843558&t=9495#post843558)

freakray
07-16-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by jay@af
My completely serious recommendation for everyone who has posted in this thread:

How can I get rid of all the other people in this forum that I can't stand? (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=843558&t=9495#post843558)

Suspects Jay of posting a link to the ignore lists:tongue:

Guido
07-17-2003, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by jay@af

:iagree:

And it works. Sure I post a bit less now, but most of the time, when threads get closed or something, useally people from my list are involved. So it works. Everyone should have a look at it, when they have issues with others. :smile:

freakray
07-17-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by huudo

:iagree:

And it works. Sure I post a bit less now, but most of the time, when threads get closed or something, useally people from my list are involved. So it works. Everyone should have a look at it, when they have issues with others. :smile:

Not all the time Guido.....can't ignore mods.....even our favorite one :mad:

primera man
07-17-2003, 08:36 AM
If my old mind serves me right !!.....you have to be 15+ to sign up on AF.
But its had to police as anybody can alter there age and say what they like

primera man
07-17-2003, 08:56 AM
Found it !!!

Registration to this Community is free! However, we do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please press the Agree button at the end of the page.
Note: By registering on Automotive Forums .com you declare that you are over the age of 13. We do not allow members under the age of 13 to join this community. Anyone found violating this rule will lose their membership and their account will be frozen.

Jonno
07-17-2003, 09:10 AM
There was a conversation about the legal age to join AF not too long ago. I think it was in one of the AF teen model contest threads. As soon as somebody is 13, they are legally aloud to join.

You can't really say that it is all children that are "throwing tantrums when we don't say only good stuff about their models and don't answer the same questions over and over again for them because they are too lazy to do a search or look for the topic that was answered a page back" , or have bad typing skills, because I am 14 and I don't really think I am doing any of them :confused:

I think it is best to use the ignore feature to block people that you don't like on the forums, because everybody here can contribute something, no matter how much they annoy you.

Just my 2 cents. :smile:

TheSyndicate
07-17-2003, 09:43 PM
Alright then! Time to take out anyone younger than 13 :iceslolan

::begins searching profiles for birth dates::

freakray
07-17-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by TheSyndicate
::begins searching profiles for birth dates::

Easily manipulated....I know of at least one 12 year old on here, but his sig says he is 14.....

TheSyndicate
07-17-2003, 10:08 PM
I honestly think that on some part, you can tell the age of these people by the way they present themselves. *hint* grammar and punctuation, anyone? *hint*

But then again, there's the braindead people over the age of 20 that could fool someone into thinking they're 10. :iceslolan

bah humbug
07-17-2003, 10:32 PM
Hey Syndicate? Are you a Grammar Teacher? :thefinger

TheSyndicate
07-17-2003, 10:36 PM
Yes.

bah humbug
07-17-2003, 10:48 PM
Wo! :eek:
It's so obvious but I never expected it. :biggrin:

That's cool.

What grade do you teach?

Let me just ask, who's that dude in you avatar?

Good job, you even left a period after yes. = Yes.

I would've been caught off guard and said "Yes" :thefinger

TheSyndicate
07-17-2003, 11:38 PM
8th grade.

The man in my avatar is "Bricktop" from the movie "Snatch", directed by Guy Ritchie. Worth the time to watch, if you ever get the chance.

freakmech
07-18-2003, 12:11 AM
oh cool you really are a teacher... i thought you were just a prick hahahahahahahahahaha im a tutor for intercity kids. you think people on forums are bad:sly: but i get to work at home!!!! i hear this alot.. "say dog... let me get dat car toy out you's... you more old to play with toys" or " what dat is, why you be playin' wit toys". aaarrggghhh

TheSyndicate
07-18-2003, 12:18 AM
Honestly, I'm usually a prick because I don't want to try to read something that will get my brain into a knot.

freakmech
07-18-2003, 12:23 AM
i was really joking about the prick thing.... i have utmost respect for educators for obvious reasons though when typing... errrrr... im lazy. two finger style... not efficient.

TheSyndicate
07-18-2003, 12:56 AM
Your words are legible, which is 120% better than some people I've seen come across AF.

Integra06
07-18-2003, 12:57 PM
I thought this would have been locked by now.

TheSyndicate
07-18-2003, 01:57 PM
This thread hasn't been a flame war of any kind.

IMO, it is constructive criticism of the forum.

jshiigi808
07-18-2003, 04:35 PM
Teachers on this forum thats cool. So you guy are not going to banned anyone,or how do you know whos under age anyway. :smile:

DSM-Mark
07-18-2003, 04:47 PM
Ignore lists!?!?!?! So people could be ignoring me and I wouldn't even know? Weird. Makes me wonder if I'm on anybody's list........

As far as banning goes, I think that's a ridiculous option. People just have to learn to be a little more tolerant. Normally the only reason you don't like somebody, or think they are immature, is because when they posted something immature, you responded immaturely, and a flame war ensues.

Post responsibly yourself, and there would be far less flaming in these forums. The big problem with banning is that you automatically put the blame entirely on the new guy, who's getting banned, when you are often responsible for a large part of it. And then that person who rubbed you the wrong way is now barred from the best modelling site on the internet.

:2cents:

Integra06
07-18-2003, 08:28 PM
It's not entirely about one person getting on another single persons nerves, it's about the people that join the forum and immediately start bashing people for what they do. A person like Bookshelf, for example, called someone's model gay, then explained his reasoning for doing so, but before then and since then, he hasn't done it again. People like that deserve to stay because even though they did what they did, they still help people with problems and don't continue to insult people for things. It is the people like Yumodeler that I am asking about banning because they act childish when they do not get only positive feedback because they immediately claim that their models are the best when they are nowhere close to the likes of P-Man or others. Jay's suggestion about the ignore list is a helpful one most of the time, but not for this occasion because the people that I am referring to are wasting bandwidth by posting only insults and bashings to people that have done no wrong to them and have most likely tried to help the offending person before. Those kind of people in my mind are people that should not be given a second chance to make up for what they did on the forum and in turn should be immediately banned or instead of causing a waste of time for the moderators having to remove one or even many of their messages.

I think that's a long enough rant for today.

TheSyndicate
07-18-2003, 09:38 PM
So this thread was meant towards Yumodeler? Didn't he get banned anyway?

Integra06
07-18-2003, 09:59 PM
Not only to him.

jshiigi808
07-19-2003, 03:39 AM
why did they get banned. or is it because there from the other forum or something. or they just gets on your guys nerves.

Add your comment to this topic!