Whats the adverage price for Aftermarket parts?

SniperX13
07-15-2003, 07:21 PM
I'm looking to start getting into modeling bigtime, and I was curious as to the adverage price for aftermarket rims, spoilers, bodykits, and the whole nine yards. I have yet to see a pricing guide anywhere...... unless I just didn't look hard enough. Thanks

:twak:

CamaroSSBoy346
07-15-2003, 07:54 PM
try http://www.afxnscaleresin.150m.com :biggrin:

Vric
07-15-2003, 07:55 PM
far to high imo :biggrin:

malsheem
07-16-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by SniperX13
I'm looking to start getting into modeling bigtime, and I was curious as to the adverage price for aftermarket rims, spoilers, bodykits, and the whole nine yards. I have yet to see a pricing guide anywhere...... unless I just didn't look hard enough. Thanks

:twak:

Rims - $8 - $12 for typical Fujimi/Aoshima wheels, cheaper from HLJ, but more for shipping.

Spoilers - There are GT Wing sets for around $10, but you can learn to scratch build these. FAQ section was helpful for me.

Body Kits - SAS kits are highly regarded on the board. They're in the $15+ range. Many folks here make there own kits from putty. I've tried, but still perfecting my technique.

Lots of stuff you can scatch build (like exhausts), so once you get used to making your own parts, customizing gets less expensive (sort of).

Mean_B16
07-16-2003, 02:39 PM
I scratch build most of my aftermarket parts, except wheels of course. Even those can be customized though, like adding lips and such.

Add your comment to this topic!