tamiya ferrari f40 1/24

jdmaccordian
07-15-2003, 01:41 AM
This kit will be at my door soon!!! I was thinking to go with Chrome Yellow or Italian Red, anyone have any other ideas? Silver, White? I need help!! Also any tips or tricks from this kit would be appreciated.

freakmech
07-15-2003, 02:11 AM
i build lots of Ferrari's. in fact ive always had some type of Ferrari in the works for the past 5 years. I always use Model Master Acryl Italian Red or Giallo Modeno (yellow). i think Model Masters have the more accurate colors of yellow and red. depending on the type and year ill some times add an extra drop or so of orange to the red. ive done a few in Alclad High Polish Aluminum as well. these paints all require an airbrush though and it could be difficult to paint the F-40 with spray can paint. also if you use red or yellow use a white primer base coat! a must for that true Ferrari wow. some advice as ferraris can be tricky to paint. after adding your white base i would mist all the recessed air ducts and inlets a couple times first because once you begin painting the whole body it is hard to get paint into these areas. also when sanding dont sand around the recessed side areas... you will sand through the paint. instead buff these areas with a q-tip and polish but be careful. these areas are very difficult to touch up with paint.

also here is a great Ferrari page with a build up of the F-40 and all others
www.italianhorses.net

Add your comment to this topic!