Quick Paint & Primer Question

dannysreallycool
07-14-2003, 07:44 PM
ok i just have a really quick question, if i primered my model car do i have to paint it with automotive paint because i primered my skyline and my mom bought me testors enamel spray paint could i spray it over the primered car or no? and should i use testors or is there a better spray paint out there?

Thanx In Advance

jdmwhizkid
07-14-2003, 07:54 PM
You can use any type of paint over primer as long as the two are compatible. You should use the same type of primer and base/top coat (ie. enamel-enamel acrylic-acrylic) or some bad things could happen. There are some exceptions though. So I guess the answer would be no, you don't have to use automotive paints. What kind of primer did you use? The Testors spray paints aren't up to the quality of Tamiya spray paints, but usually get the job done and turn out well. Good luck on your Skyline!

dannysreallycool
07-14-2003, 08:07 PM
i used $1.50 sandable primer from a local hardware store called OSH it justs says Painter's Touch: Sandable Wet-Dry Primer GRAY

jdmwhizkid
07-14-2003, 11:16 PM
I'm not sure but it should work. Maybe prime some spare parts or sprue and then spray your body colour on that just to test it and see if it works.

dannysreallycool
07-15-2003, 01:07 AM
its so far so goood . . . :bigthumb:

Add your comment to this topic!