Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1997 maxima radio wiring diagram needed

teggie
07-14-2003, 05:43 PM
hello all, i recently bought a new radio for my 1997 nissan maxima gle and did n't want to shell out the money for a poor job of installing. i have opted to install on my own and need a radio wiring diagram for the install. all help will be appreciated and thanks for taking the time to help me.
teggie :cool:

MaxPayne
07-15-2003, 10:15 AM
Go to www.carstereohelp.com for a Bose pinout diagram. The easiest thing to do is buy a wiring harness from the audio store and install that, it will save you a lot of time and aggrivation.

NOTE: If you have the Bose system (with GLE I assume you do), you will need to replace the speakers and bypass the individual speaker amps as well. They may work for a while, but the Bose speakers are rated at 1 Ohm impedance wheras normal car audio speakers are rated at 4 Ohms. You won't be getting the maximum power from your system.

teggie
07-15-2003, 12:33 PM
thanks MaxPayne,

i found what i needed and the head unit i will be installing came with a wiring harness that is clearly marked. i just didn't know what wires were which behind the bose system. thanks for sorting out the confusion for me and now i must go buy some speakers.

i was wondering if you had any clue were i could find it for a 97 gxe also (non-bose that is)? i have one and so does my sister... hahaha yep family of maxima's.

thanks again,
teggie

Add your comment to this topic!