Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need Help Identify Part

sickhonda
07-14-2003, 02:09 PM
Hello Everyone,
'91 Accord SE with rattling noise coming from this particular part on the front end which I need to identify so I can replace it myself to save some greens. The part in question is located right underneath the engine coolant reservoir:dunno: ...some sort of pump with two hoses connected to it. Tried following the hoses but due to the tight engine compartment and the twist and turn I tend to lose track below the air filter housing.:confused: The noise only occurs when I’m engaged on drive, not on reverse or idling (park) and becoming more frequent. What’s involved in replacing this particular part?:uhoh: I appreciate any input…thanks.

Dr.Okka
07-15-2003, 08:57 AM
can u post a pic?

sickhonda
07-15-2003, 12:21 PM
Ok guys .:1zhelp: ..anybody who's an expert on 4th Gen Accord or Honda Tech can probably help me identify this part (pic below.)

Sorry...the best that I can do with a pencam. :sorry:

Making a rattling noise similar to a playing card on a bicycle wheel spokes, only it gets louder as it goes. :uhoh:

sickhonda
07-16-2003, 12:14 PM
Come on guys...any idea?! :1zhelp:

The two hoses attached to it is similar to small vacuum hoses. One secured with a spring type screw and the other, I'm assuming is a push in type connection. Next to the push in type hose is an extra nipple. No electrical wires running to it. Don't know what else to add. :shakehead

HONDA_99
07-16-2003, 01:01 PM
it might be have to do with power steering components.
i'm very puzzled:confused: , which way is front?

sickhonda
07-16-2003, 01:29 PM
Front is indicated by front engine bay next to fan shroud (bottom of pic.)

Not sure if it's part of power-steering components. Not indicated in the diagrams of manual and at www.hondaautomotiveparts.com. :confused:

Performance of the vehicle is not affected but who knows what it will do if ignored any longer.

I'm sure that someone replaced this part once on a SE trim level. I understand that SE trims have more bells and whistles, but I don't think that my car is that unique.

Add your comment to this topic!