Decal Question

MajorA
07-14-2003, 09:27 AM
Hey i was wondering if you can place decals on the inside of window parts. What i mean is that if i have a window banner for my car can i put it on the inside of the glass. I know the decal would have its colored side facing the part it is attached to but i was hoping it would still stick. Anyone know or tried this before.

thanks
Matt

freakmech
07-14-2003, 09:40 AM
thats an interesting question. ive never tried it but it seems like micro-sol would be able to do it BUT.... i think that the down fall to this is that if the glass were thick as most glass is way out scale then you would really see how out of scale the glass was at certian angles. also air bubbles would real show up and dark decals could create a slight mirror effect. but it would real make the glass look to thick due to optical characteristics. but hey it never hurts to try.

freakray
07-14-2003, 09:41 AM
I am trying to figure out whether you're referring to a regular car or a model.....:confused:

freakmech
07-14-2003, 09:45 AM
a model. model glass is generally much thicker in scale then it should be because it is very fragile

MajorA
07-14-2003, 09:51 AM
I am talking about a model car, just to stop any confusion. I might just give it a shot if nobody knows for sure.

freakray
07-14-2003, 09:55 AM
If you're talking about a model, I have to agree with Freakmech, due to the thickness of the clear parts, it really won't look right.

Vric
07-14-2003, 10:00 AM
You can if the decal is trasparent and printed in the good side (if you have letter, it will be like a miror)

MajorA
07-14-2003, 10:24 AM
on the outside it is. Just as a followup, there is no problem with me putting clearcoat over a window right ?

freakmech
07-14-2003, 10:29 AM
no dont use clear coat. this could be a bad mistake!!!!!! you need to go get a bottle of Future Floor Wax (grocery store). dip the glass into a bowl of it. then slowly pull glass out of Future Wax. this is much safer and in the long run CHEAPER and can make your windows crystal clear!!

MajorA
07-14-2003, 10:33 AM
SO use clearcoat for the model itself and use future floor wax for the window. Thats what ill try.

thanks
Matt

freakmech
07-14-2003, 10:34 AM
Freakray.....
if hes asking a question on a model forum its probably about a model. maybe you need to learn a thing or two about forums. :tongue:
sorry MajorA you may have your thread back. i hope ive helped

freakmech
07-14-2003, 10:39 AM
MAJOR A!!!!!!!!
thats it but remember that Future Wax is an Acrylic. if you mess up it will wash with water. also like paint... after dipping glass let Future dry for a day before glueing to body. very important... sorry meant to say that originally

Diesel2NR
07-14-2003, 10:57 AM
Freakmech, that's what the edit feature is for :loser:

Integra, he forgot to include that you should drain the glass onto a paper towel so that the future is spread thin and won't run. Here's my tutorial, which should help you out a little. Just the last couple steps though.

http://www.angelfire.com/wv2/perdue/pmc/cc.html Hope that helps a little more!

Vric
07-14-2003, 11:02 AM
well look like we have 2 kid in the room... :rolleyes:

Diesel2NR
07-14-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Vric
well look like we have 2 kid in the room... :rolleyes:

Who?? Me?? :biggrin: At least I had something constructive to say.

Add your comment to this topic!