Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

LeSabre Keyless Entry Questions CHECK HERE BEFORE POSTING!

tman
07-13-2003, 11:05 PM
Check by year, if your year is not present, then you may post a thread.

1998 Lesabre (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t59561.html)

2001 Lesabre (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t90257.html)

bent
07-13-2003, 11:21 PM
Actually, I have a 2000 Lesabre Limited....right in between what you have listed. Sorry!

Any advice that you have to offer would be great.

Thanks.

tman
07-13-2003, 11:37 PM
I noticed thatm and unfortunatly, I have no knowledge of programming keyless entrys on any LeSabre, hopefully Flatrater can sort it out for you.

Shortbus
07-14-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by bent
Actually, I have a 2000 Lesabre Limited....right in between what you have listed. Sorry!

Any advice that you have to offer would be great.

Thanks.

Transmitter Programming

Important
All transmitters which are to be recognized by the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode, all previously programmed transmitters will be erased upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to four transmitters may be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle. The order in which the transmitters are programmed is important. The first transmitter programmed will be transmitter #1, and the second transmitter programmed will be transmitter #2. The number on the transmitters are for reference only: #2 can be programmed as #1, or vice versa. Additional unnumbered transmitters are also available. Use care to program the transmitters correctly.

Install a scan tool.
Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Use the scan tool Remote Function Actuation Special Function: Program Key Fobs in order to place the remote control door lock receiver into Program Mode. The doors will lock and then unlock in order to confirm program mode.

Important
The scan tool must stay connected until all of the transmitters are programmed.

Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock in order to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
Repeat the previous step in order to program up to 4 transmitters.
Remove the scan tool.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

auto trainy
04-26-2004, 06:33 PM
That picture of your dash is great but it looks like you have the highest gears Ive ever seen.

Shortbus
04-26-2004, 06:45 PM
Heh, yeah I was in overdrive and coasting down from 112 mph so the rpms came down quite a bit.

Dr. Pimento
08-30-2004, 05:48 PM
Sigh.
Pretty sure that I have a '96 LeSabre.. people keep mentioning the "8-pin connector" thing, but it LOOKS as if mine is some bizzare 9-10 pin.. didn't bother to count exactly, but I know it is for SURE over the "8" number.
Plus, all the pictures seem to be broken.. can't get a decent look at what I should be looking at! Any help to be had?

happydog500
10-03-2004, 10:59 PM
I have a 97 LeSabre. My dad got a aftermarket keyless remote and programed it (Your Valet). Works fine. I bought the car and got a Factory GM Remote. It is the right numbers, had it tested at the dealer, so I know it works. I tried to program it to my car but nothing happends. How come the Factory FOB won't program?

Nissankid21
03-03-2005, 12:04 PM
Check by year, if your year is not present, then you may post a thread.

1998 Lesabre (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t59561.html)

2001 Lesabre (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t90257.html)
Hey whats up, My name is Brice i work for a used car dealership and when have a 2003 Buick Lesabre. My question is can you help me out with the procedure to program a second remote. THANX

patchefg
09-11-2006, 05:54 PM
I have a 2002 le sabre with remote. There is no battery in the remote. Can anyone tell me the battery size/specs? Radio shak is unsure.

HotZ28
10-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Please avoid posting or voting in outdated threads. It merely clutters up the message board and makes it more difficult for fellow members to sort through the vast amount of information contained on the boards. If you have new and important information to add regarding a past discussion, feel free to start a new thread and if need be, add a link to the original thread.
Thread Closed!

Add your comment to this topic!