Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tinted tail lights using VHT Nite Shades (What about clear coat?)

zytariuk
07-13-2003, 07:09 PM
Alright, last week I tinted my tail lights using VHT Nite Shades. However, it doesn't have that nice and glossy look at all...it's very dull. What type of clear coat will i need? Someone told me I need some kind of enamel clear coat...any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, where can i buy this enamel clear coat?

TheSyndicate
07-13-2003, 07:22 PM
Is this the correct forum you meant to ask that question in?

zytariuk
07-13-2003, 07:46 PM
I think so, i don't know. I just thought since you guys deal with painting models n' shit you would be able to help....

TheSyndicate
07-13-2003, 08:57 PM
An enamel clearcoat on an automotive part won't stand the test of time. What you'll probably need is a gloss lacquer clear coat. Duplicolor makes a mini-sized can of clearcoat that isn't too expensive. Since you'll be spraying plastic, you'll either want to get a clear plastic primer (I've seen this before at an auto store), or spray the taillights in very light coats.

themodelkid
07-13-2003, 09:34 PM
Is the stuff you are using that tail light tintstuff in a can, makes it look like it has taillight covers? I seen that suff before, idk what type of clear, mayby just testors???

G60 Kid
07-13-2003, 11:15 PM
Youd be better off shelling out some cash and getting them professionaly done at an auto body shop. This is a common mod with Corrado owners. Using night shades and consumer grade clear coat wont last more than a year.

Add your comment to this topic!