Fujimi Finally Got Me!!

Honoturtle
07-13-2003, 06:48 PM
I finally got ripped off by Fujimi, after all these years! Today, I bought a Fujimi Toyota AE86 Trueno from the Touge series. I expected the later model body, with the JDM side skirts and the signal lights that curl around the front bumper as seen in on the box and instructions. To my dissapointment, I get the early model, which dosen't come with the sideskirts, it's just the same mold as the one from the Initial D series! I should've expected it, knowing they did the same with the MR-2 with the whole Turbo and N/A business.

Just keep an eye out, I wonder what other models they did the same too! :mad:

mech0t0
07-13-2003, 09:47 PM
Fujimi RX-7 fd series!!! :loser:

Slipknot
07-14-2003, 02:53 AM
:thumbsdow sucks that happend dude.

stump
07-14-2003, 06:36 AM
Mate,I've just recently got 2 fujimi kits,the OKRacing 180SX--it was missing the sprues with the Brembo's and Sports exhaust.:mad:
Also,the MAK99 S15 came last week,the "resin" is CRAP..:mad: :mad:
I've completely rebuilt the front bar,mixture of the resin and standard.
The sides were short by 'bout 3mm. in length and the rear lower bumper
was so shrunk and warped,the two ends(wheel openings)almost touched.
I feel where your comin' from mate:frown: :mad:

cheers stump:aus:

Purpura Delujo
07-14-2003, 07:02 AM
I've said this before and I'll say it again! Avoid Fujimi!! In Australia Fujimi are the biggest rip offs out there, curbside, low detail, wrong parts, missing parts, cheap plastic & crap instructions! For $55AUSD+ I'd rather have 2 Revells!

shieldwulf
07-14-2003, 12:13 PM
I've got a great idea for starting my own model kit company. In each box I will provide a 1/24 scale steering wheel thats all. And the rest is for my customers to "custom build" for themselves based on the box top photo of the car that my model kit is supposed to represent.

And my company will be praised as the most "customisable" model kit manufacturer on this planet! Isn't that great? :evillol:

supratuner
07-14-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by shieldwulf
I've got a great idea for starting my own model kit company. In each box I will provide a 1/24 scale steering wheel thats all. And the rest is for my customers to "custom build" for themselves based on the box top photo of the car that my model kit is supposed to represent.

And my company will be praised as the most "customisable" model kit manufacturer on this planet! Isn't that great? :evillol:

lmao:dogpile: :bigthumb: do it

Jonno
07-14-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by shieldwulf

Make sure you sell the kits double the price of most other companies! :tongue:

Ferrari TR
07-14-2003, 07:08 PM
A three view drawing and a block of wood!
That's the ticket.
:tongue:

Honoturtle
07-15-2003, 05:34 AM
Well, it's all good now, I already forgive Fujimi, I mean at least they didn't pack a totally different car in the box. And it's one of my favorite vehicles, and no other model manufactuer makes this particular kit. :)

Add your comment to this topic!