Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fujimi Quality

G-Forces
11-18-2001, 09:35 PM
Damn HLJ! :mad: Anyway I was checking out HLJ and Fujimi makes a shniz load of kits! There are a lot of cars that I like and kits I would want. So seriously, how bad is the quality? I've read all the threads about them but is it really that bad or are you guys just being anal? You've scared me from buying any Fujimi kits at this point.

I know you guys would rate them lower than Tamiya but would Fujimi be better quality than say Revell-Monogram or more or less equal?

Jay!
11-18-2001, 09:40 PM
Probably the same or better than Revell. My Fujimi MR2 gave me no problems. As pkw1 often points out, it's the "special editions" that get screwed up most often.

For example, they made an ITR kit, and it was fine. Then they made a Mugen ITR kit, and just had the same parts, plus the Mugen parts that are supposed to fit over the regular body. This means the special bumper goes on over the regular bumper, and ends up looking really long... :bloated:

There are so many cars the Tamiya doesn't make, that you really have no choice. :rolleyes: Just be prepared to encounter a problem or two, and we'll be happy to help you work through it. :flash:

And their wheels are great, BTW. :D

primera man
11-19-2001, 03:08 AM
They would be better then Revell.

I have only done the one kit(CLK....Done a thread about it) and i was not to impressed by it.
Parts are good....but it just didnt look right.
I have heard a lot of people sat they are good kits though.

But i'm going to try them again to see if it was just a one off.
As you said, they make a huge range and there are a lot there that i want to do !!

Guiddy
11-19-2001, 03:51 AM
There standard kits are avergae, but they did an enthusiast series which was out of this world!
200+ parts and they all went together nicely!

They don't have the forsight of Tamiya, who would make a bumper separate if it was going to do future body kitted versions or something!

Some body shapes are better than others! Tell us what you want, and we'll help you through it!

pkw1
11-19-2001, 04:30 AM
ya, just tell us what kit you want, you have a 60-70% chance that I do have that Fujimi kit if it's one of the more popular japanese cars... :D since all I buy are Fujimi :cool:

G-Forces
11-19-2001, 08:20 AM
Well there's this one:
http://www.hlj.com/cgi-local/hljpage.cgi?FUJ03475
...which I think is just the regular ITR with 18's.

And this one:
http://www.hlj.com/cgi-local/hljpage.cgi?FUJ03435

pkw1
11-20-2001, 02:06 AM
the ITR's over all is pretty good.. no big issues of fitments... the 18" wheels someone has on this board.. I think Guiddy has them on a LanEVO... from his pictures, they look pretty good :)

what I'm conserned about is that they may look TOO big on the car... and so you can't steer the front wheels after putting them on..

but at least you don't have to worry about the trouble of lowering the ITR(do a search on "how to lower Fujimi ITR" and you'll notice that the ITR needs to be lower BIG TIME if you're using the stock 15" wheels)

as for the 180, everything fits almost perfect... except the windows don't fit 100%, but some playing around will do just fine.. not a biggy

;)

Add your comment to this topic!