About Custom Body Kits

VSTT
07-13-2003, 12:12 AM
I have been looking all over, and want to know, what exactly do I use to make a custom body kit for my revell honda civic si, and how exactly do i use it.

If you got a web site with info on it, plz lemme know.

I have tried to use squadron's green putty (didnt turn out to be so good).

Thnx.

TheSyndicate
07-13-2003, 12:58 AM
Your squadron will be handy, but not for the frame of it. A lot of members here use styrene plastic sheets as a skeleton, then 2-part epoxy putty for shaping. The squadron will help for fillling in cracks/holes/joints. Refer to the FAQ at the top of the page for more information.

BugZilla
07-13-2003, 10:30 AM
I use a product called Castilene. It works like clay, but if you want to take a break and it hardens, just use a hair drier or another heat source and soften it up again. It works like a charm unlike the epoxy which is not all that bad, but if it hardens before you are done , well its a bit harder to work with.
Now I don't know about using Casilene for a permanent fixture. I have dropped it off the workbench when it was hard and nothing happened to it, but on a hot day it might soften up on you. I cast all my work in resin when I'm done, so I haven't worried about it too much.

MR-2RaCeR
07-13-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by TheSyndicate
Your squadron will be handy, but not for the frame of it. A lot of members here use styrene plastic sheets as a skeleton, then 2-part epoxy putty for shaping. The squadron will help for fillling in cracks/holes/joints. Refer to the FAQ at the top of the page for more information.

:iagree:

Jonno
07-13-2003, 12:06 PM
Tamiya putty is what I use, and I don't really have any trouble. I know a few other people from this forum use tamiya putty with no problems.

It may also be helpful to do a search on it, using the Automotive forums search feature, the issue has been discussed quite a few times before.

Good luck! :bigthumb:

Add your comment to this topic!