Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How to install CD/MP3 Player in 1999 Honda Accord LX

saketgoyal
07-12-2003, 01:43 PM
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I have 1999 honda accord LX. This car doesn't have CD player. I want to buy and install CD/MP3 player in my car. Is there any resource where I can find more information. This car has only Casette player and AM/FM radio. Also, there is an empty slot (I think) where I can install CD player. Basically I would like to have the capability of Casette player and Cd/MP3 player.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Saket

60hz163.5db
07-12-2003, 03:21 PM
well yes and no can it easily be done no. Not just the fact that the car only has one radio harness and it would be used on the factory tape deck you could splice off i'm not sure what affect this will have on the electrical system. the pocket underneath your radio should be large enough to hold a din size radio but there may be a little modification needed to your trim around the pocket. so in short probably yes but i'm unsure how easy it will be....

99civic03
07-12-2003, 03:59 PM
Check crutchfield.com they should have what you need, including dash kits instructions etc.

Mrock
07-12-2003, 09:55 PM
To my knowledge, crutchfield doesn't have information about splicing the harness to run into two different headunits. I believe it can be done with some splicing as 60hz mentioned...but I'd assume you'd lose some power...so I'm sure it'd work, but you would only have about half the power to run the headunits. That is solemy assumption, since you'd be running two headunits off one harness. I am no audio expert, but that's my best guess...

PaulD
07-13-2003, 08:32 AM
the power draw should not be an issue, since only one source will be providing the tunes at a time.

Mrock
07-13-2003, 10:18 AM
Sounds like an interesting project, then! Go for it.

Add your comment to this topic!