Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Opinions on Moderators?

99' Z-28
07-11-2003, 01:47 PM
I know we are aloud to express our opinions on here and everything. I have not been a part of AF for too long, but i have had the opportunity to check out many threads and look through about every car manufacturs. The thing is, i see alot of threads were alot of bickering and whinning is going on. Some people flamming at others and what not. So isn't one of a moderators job is to stop that kind of nonscence? I have a feeling that some of our "so good MODS" on af are not doing their job. I also think its kind of funny to believe they are actually mods. Anyone can post warnings... Now after a week of looking around, i see some mods think they have a heap load of power and they are using what power they have to an extreme level. I can't police anything, but i do know for sure that there is a cetain mod. out there that takes his/her power to an extreme that i think isn't fair. I just heard this the other day that we have alot of newcomers joining af. I can see that, but what i don't like is is that moderators are banning people who have been here for a year almost to make room for new people. For example one of my buddies was removed as a result of this. Now he can't come back.:mad: So i know i'm going to get alot of moderators posting things about this and all, but this is my opinion. Oh yeah before i forget, no i will not say what moderator i think is doing a POOR JOB or who my buddy was. You all have a nice day.

YogsVR4
07-11-2003, 03:46 PM
If you have a beef with a mod - talk to them. If that doesn't work or you really want to gripe, PM Igor with details and links. Perhaps he'll get things straightened out for you.

For the most part, the mods do a pretty decent job. Few Nazi incidents and everyone I've had an issue with has explained things in a satisfactory matter through PM converstations. Compared to several other boards I visit on a regular basis, AFs mod team is top notch.

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

Jimster
07-11-2003, 07:45 PM
Please PM me your friends username and I'll see if he has actually been banned- it might just be an email notification issue. I believe that me an my fellow moderators do a great job in keeping AF great for all users- if you see something you don't like- use the "Report Post to Moderator" button. AF has not been removing members to make room for new ones I will reassure you that.

themodelkid
07-11-2003, 09:23 PM
Z28, i dont think you have een on here long enough to see that the Mod's to a great job cleaning up AF! They arent superhero's, and cant find all the bad stuff as soon as it happens, but i assure you the certainly try!

jon@af
07-11-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by YogsVR4
If you have a beef with a mod - talk to them. If that doesn't work or you really want to gripe, PM Igor with details and links. Perhaps he'll get things straightened out for you.

For the most part, the mods do a pretty decent job. Few Nazi incidents and everyone I've had an issue with has explained things in a satisfactory matter through PM converstations. Compared to several other boards I visit on a regular basis, AFs mod team is top notch. :werd:

99' Z-28
07-11-2003, 10:58 PM
Z28, i dont think you have een on here long enough to see that the Mod's to a great job cleaning up AF! They arent superhero's, and cant find all the bad stuff as soon as it happens, but i assure you the certainly try!
I haven't been here long, but i have romed through alot of threads and have seen some of the moderators work.

2strokebloke
07-12-2003, 01:18 PM
If only you could see everything that the mods have removed - then you'd know how much they do to keep the forums clean. And nobody is being banned to make room for new members.

Shortbus
07-19-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by 99' Z-28
I know we are aloud to express our opinions on here and everything. I have not been a part of AF for too long, but i have had the opportunity to check out many threads and look through about every car manufacturs. The thing is, i see alot of threads were alot of bickering and whinning is going on. Some people flamming at others and what not. So isn't one of a moderators job is to stop that kind of nonscence? I have a feeling that some of our "so good MODS" on af are not doing their job. I also think its kind of funny to believe they are actually mods. Anyone can post warnings... Now after a week of looking around, i see some mods think they have a heap load of power and they are using what power they have to an extreme level. I can't police anything, but i do know for sure that there is a cetain mod. out there that takes his/her power to an extreme that i think isn't fair. I just heard this the other day that we have alot of newcomers joining af. I can see that, but what i don't like is is that moderators are banning people who have been here for a year almost to make room for new people. For example one of my buddies was removed as a result of this. Now he can't come back.:mad: So i know i'm going to get alot of moderators posting things about this and all, but this is my opinion. Oh yeah before i forget, no i will not say what moderator i think is doing a POOR JOB or who my buddy was. You all have a nice day.

Who? Where? When?

Answer these and we may take you seriously:rolleyes:

badassgremlin
07-19-2003, 07:08 AM
yea i think some mod's abuse thierpower because if you mess up or accidently put up a new thread when there already one on that subject up thatu did not know about they tend to get bitchy by going OOOO UR BANNED IM LOCKING THIS THREAD CAUSE I SAID SO.............(coughjohn)
:thefinger

Shortbus
07-20-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by badassgremlin
yea i think some mod's abuse thierpower because if you mess up or accidently put up a new thread when there already one on that subject up thatu did not know about they tend to get bitchy by going OOOO UR BANNED IM LOCKING THIS THREAD CAUSE I SAID SO.............(coughjohn)
:thefinger

Opps, I forgot to ban You while I was locking your thread.:thefinger
and actually there are several threads on that same topic. Just use the search function Search (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/search.php?s=)

We are here to help, not to just go around locking threads and banning ppl. People get tired of answering the same questions over and over, that is why 99redgp inserted a link into his post so your question could get answered. But then you were a smartass in your reply so before it got out of hand or turned into a flame war I locked it.

99' Z-28
07-20-2003, 12:48 PM
Answer these and we may take you seriously
I didn't have to answer those choices your posted for me, they allready took me seriously and everything is straighten out. You are a few weeks late on this one. :rolleyes:
that is why 99redgp inserted a link into his post so your question could get answered. But then you were a smartass in your reply so before it got out of hand or turned into a flame war I locked it. I don't care what 99redgp did. :dunno: I think you locked it pretty early.We are here to help, not to just go around locking threads and banning ppl. You should have helped keep that thread on its feet before you locked it.

GTStang
07-20-2003, 05:17 PM
The mods here do a pretty good job. They are human and arent perfect and as long as the dont be complete Nazis its all good.

badassgremlin
07-20-2003, 06:40 PM
well i feel like a jew.....:cwm27:

Shortbus
07-20-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by 99' Z-28
You should have helped keep that thread on its feet before you locked it.

Why there are several threads identical to this one. It is pure laziness to not do a search that is why the search function is there.

Gold Stars (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105448&highlight=stars+under+name)
Catch the lucky Stars (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103093&highlight=stars+under+name)
Got my first Gold Star (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102569&highlight=stars+under+name)
Rank (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=656&highlight=Stars)

Should I go on? That is why I closed it.

I don't care what 99redgp did. I think you locked it pretty early.

This had nothing to do with you.:rolleyes:

I didn't have to answer those choices your posted for me, they allready took me seriously and everything is straighten out. You are a few weeks late on this one.

Nice spelling.:worshippy

badassgremlin
07-20-2003, 06:44 PM
:iagree:

99' Z-28
07-20-2003, 10:42 PM
:headshake
Why there are several threads identical to this one. It is pure laziness to not do a search that is why the search function is there.
ok ok, i see now....no, why would i need you to go on? I don't think it's laziness, maybe some people don't know it's there. I just now know and i will find it very useful now to help others with the things i love helping others with.
This had nothing to do with you.:rolleyes:
Ok, i understand.....i have seen alot of smarta$$ remarks in posts. I just don't think that they should be closed if someone makes that kind of a remark, i thought the moderators job is to talk with that person or send them a warning. It isn't fair to close a thread if only ONE person makes a stupid remark. You mods. do have the REMOVE POST option right?!?!?:dunno: But i guess some mods. are not patient enough and have to close threads when just one bad thing is posted. :redface: :disappoin
Answer these and we may take you seriously:rolleyes
maybe YOU will take me seriously? :sly:
Do you call this being a smart ass John? :dunno: well, i would say a remark like that is what cause flamming. Pointing those kinds of things out is kind of rude if you ask me. This quote directly from you leads toward my point about this thread.
-I'm not being a smart ass or trying to be one, i'm just pointing out the facts and thats the truth.
For the most part, the mods do a pretty decent job.
Yes, they do. :smile:

Shortbus
07-20-2003, 11:33 PM
Ok, i understand.....i have seen alot of smarta$$ remarks in posts. I just don't think that they should be closed if someone makes that kind of a remark

It wasn't his remark that got it closed, his question was answered..I closed it due to the fact that his post was similar to one created less than a month ago. I have no beef with the thread originator badassgremlin or you for that matter.

I thought the moderators job is to talk with that person or send them a warning. It isn't fair to close a thread if only ONE person makes a stupid remark.

No need for it. Creating duplicate post's especially when they appear on the same page only moves important information to the next page or down lower. I chose not to move it off the public folder because it will serve as an example to the future ppl of AF to not make duplicate post's.
I rarely issue a warning unless someone is spamming or using an excessive amount of profanity.

You mods. do have the REMOVE POST option right?!?!? But i guess some mods. are not patient enough and have to close threads when just one bad thing is posted.

Yes. See spamming or excessive profanity. We move plenty of unsuitable post's..., in a little over three months 2,547 post's have been removed from the public folders, due to excessive flaming, profanity, or spamming, it is actually quite a feat to sort through all of the posts and obviously some are going to slip through the cracks every now and then.

Do you call this being a smart ass John? well, i would say a remark like that is what cause flamming. Pointing those kinds of things out is kind of rude if you ask me. This quote directly from you leads toward my point about this thread.
-I'm not being a smart ass or trying to be one, i'm just pointing out the facts and thats the truth.

Aww come on lighten up :biggrin2: It was a cheap shot I'll admit that. Sorry.

99' Z-28
07-21-2003, 12:54 PM
It was a cheap shot I'll admit that. Sorry.
lol..ok, its cool man. :thumbsup:
Aww come on lighten up
Yeah, i guess you are right. :smile:

Shortbus
07-21-2003, 10:36 PM
:cheers:

Neutrino
07-22-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by John
:cheers:

hey don't drink and mod:wink:

badassgremlin
07-22-2003, 10:52 AM
:werd:

Shortbus
07-24-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Neutrino

hey don't drink and mod:wink:

Dammit...NOOOOOOOO :icon16:

Neutrino
07-24-2003, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by John

Dammit...NOOOOOOOO :icon16:

You punk kids always think you can get away with it:biggrin2:

:lol:

badassgremlin
07-24-2003, 06:39 AM
john the corner of yer smirinoff bottle is popping out of your shirt:spit:

Blue02R6
08-07-2003, 03:17 AM
The mods seem like they do a pretty good job to me. I can hardly believe how many childish people there are. I do have a question though, if you ban someone does that remove all of their posts?

Jimster
08-07-2003, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Blue02R6
The mods seem like they do a pretty good job to me. I can hardly believe how many childish people there are. I do have a question though, if you ban someone does that remove all of their posts?

no it doesn't:smile:

Add your comment to this topic!