Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Light Bulbs?? Help!!

ydlee
07-11-2003, 05:01 AM
Ok I have a 1999 Honda Accord and I had some blue light bulbs and they seem pretty bright but after age they started dimming from use. So I bought some new ones and I did not like the brightness. So someone suggested some Silver Star Sylvania which are decent but I notice my headlights are still alot dimmer than other cars on the road. I see cars older than mine with bright lights... Could it be I because I replaced the OEM Headlights with Clear ones? Or is my wiring gone bad because of my first set of lightbulbs were 100watts? Or is it because my car is lowered? Can somebody help please it is driving me crazy!@##$

P.S. It is so bad I could barely see the light reaching pass my hood maybe only about a foot pass my hood.

HONDA_99
07-11-2003, 07:04 AM
it because you got aftermarket headlights and your car is lowered, mostly because you got aftermarket headlights. Aftermarket headlight is totally screwed up and nothing you can do about exept throw them away and go back to OEM one.
BTW, you clear you OEM headlights your self, i did it so as hundreds other people. if wanna do it here is place which has instruction -> http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1792&forumid=64

ydlee
07-11-2003, 03:12 PM
What kind are OEM? What Brand? Right now I have the Silver Star Sylvania.

ydlee
07-11-2003, 03:16 PM
Also how do explain the dimmer lighting comared to other cars, I mean I see piece of sh#t cars out there with brighter lighting. It seems like there isnt that much power going to my lights. Is it possible my wiring gone bad?

HONDA_99
07-11-2003, 04:07 PM
OEM is not brand, its equipment that come with car from manufacturer.

reason its looks like shit because reflector puts light in direction where it should not be.

ydlee
07-11-2003, 04:44 PM
Yeah I know what OEM stands for but I threw mine away is there a brand that is similar to OEM? Or are you saying no other after market light can compare to OEM? But my issue is no matter what light I use blue, white my lights are still not bright as other cars on the road that happen to be older. It is like if not enough power is going to my lights. What is you input?

528emomo
07-20-2003, 11:21 AM
I would first align the lights.

ydlee
07-20-2003, 02:49 PM
How do you do that? I have aftermarket clear headlights and I had a shop install them. I just ordered some Halo Projectors, you think that will give a drastic improvement of my problem.

Add your comment to this topic!