is HLJ credible?

2f4u
07-11-2003, 04:39 AM
how credible is HLJ?
i want to order something and they told me that the shipping charge is for SAL shipping (not by airmail?) , which generally takes 7 to 30 days to arrive.
so how credible is that?

Jetts
07-11-2003, 04:42 AM
hlj is very credible, im sure like 75%+ of the car modeling forum members use hlj
it is worth the wait

Slipknot
07-11-2003, 04:48 AM
Ive been dieing to buy something from there because at my hobbie shop its like twice as high as on HLJ and thats means the shipping to.
so all i can get right now is Revell and AMT:rolleyes:

doraemon
07-11-2003, 05:32 AM
hlj is 100% credible, if you get a wrong item, they let you keep it and they sent you the correct item also, the airmail... before they used airmail, when for the US the main shipping method was ups, now there is only sal and ems, airmail for me is the best one, but they dont use it now, for my country a sal shipment takes exactly 17 days to arrive, now I have three orders shipped, the first one will arrive next friday and has a lancia superdelta :biggrin: and paints, the second a subaru wrc2001 a porsche japan gt 95 taisan and a tom's supra castrol all from tamiya :tongue: and the last one are more paints, the last two should be combined, but... they splited the order due to backorder items evethough I didnt ask for this but.... the shipping cost is really cheap, if you order more than one item the total shipping cost is about 30% less, so.... yes! go for hlj is the best source for models!! now I'm searching for a good set of 19 or 18 rims for a r-34 skyline gtr (also bought there)

cyclone1410
07-11-2003, 06:27 AM
HLJ is fantastic. My shipments arrive on average in about 11 days via SAL and, even with shipping cost on a single kit, are about 40% cheaper than a local hobby shop. Not to mention the fact that the range is very extensive with many kits not available locally.

They are also very savvy when it comes to reducing shipping costs by combining orders as much as possible. :bigthumb:

druid_99
07-11-2003, 06:54 AM
HLJ is great! I've been purchasing from them for two to three years now and all that I can say is the service, packaging and pricing is excellent. Ordered items shipped using SAL will arrive usually in about 17 days here, straight to my doorstep :D I'd rather buy from HLJ because the price of model kits at the local hobby store is insanely expensive!

exhaust smoke
07-11-2003, 06:59 AM
HLJ are very credible. Go for it!!

2f4u
07-11-2003, 07:52 AM
thank you very much for your ansewrs :smile: :smile:

hobbes874
07-11-2003, 02:55 PM
How long does it take for an order to arrive in the states?

hirofkd
07-11-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by 2f4u
how credible is HLJ?
i want to order something and they told me that the shipping charge is for SAL shipping (not by airmail?) , which generally takes 7 to 30 days to arrive.
so how credible is that?
SAL is essentially airmail, and it's registered, unlike standard airmail (parcel). It's not traceable online.
If you like fast shipping over cost advantage, use EMS, which is insured, and web traceable.

HLJ has a detail description of the shipping method, since they had to drop UPS, due to its policy change.

hirofkd
07-11-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by hobbes874
How long does it take for an order to arrive in the states?
My record of SAL delivery time is 4 business days, shipped on Monday Japan time, and arrived at Kansas on Friday before noon. (Same as EMS)
But that's a rare case, and most of the time, it takes about 10 - 14 days.

hobbes874
07-11-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by hirofkd

My record of SAL delivery time is 4 business days, shipped on Monday Japan time, and arrived at Kansas on Friday before noon. (Same as EMS)
But that's a rare case, and most of the time, it takes about 10 - 14 days.
Hmmmm that's pretty impressive :D

Add your comment to this topic!