MPG you guys are getting

DesertBum
07-10-2003, 11:01 AM
What type of MPG are you guys getting? In our 2002 Kia Rio around town we are getting 32mpg on the avg. Wife has recently been running the air, and reported geting A LOT less now. Anyone care to share what they are getting?

all168
04-05-2004, 11:36 PM
28 for city driving, and 30-32 for fwy driving

akdan747
04-19-2004, 04:03 AM
i get 34

ad4c
01-13-2005, 07:13 AM
I just bought a used 2004 Kia Rio with only 14K miles and the car works great,the miles that I am getting really surprised me when I had to refill the tank again,its a mannual 5 speed transmission and within town it made 32 mpg and nex day I had to make a long 180 miles trip by I-95 and when was back in town by curiosity refilled the tank again and guess what? It made 38 mpg in that road trip,I am using the highest octane of gas in the market available here in FL where I live,car run better than I though,they have ihn general bad reputation but I see nothing wrong in this car,its very fast but still smoth in the road.I will keep it for few years while the warranty cover any repair,thanks to all who read this.

Ksolo
09-29-2005, 01:43 PM
I just took a 253 mile drive to Reiliegh, NC, driveing a 2001 Kia Rio. This *****little car got me there useing the entire tank of gas! my 91 Grand Caravan can make that trip and not use a whole tank of gas. I changed the plugs and air filter what could be causeing it to use so much gas?

I just bought a used 2004 Kia Rio with only 14K miles and the car works great,the miles that I am getting really surprised me when I had to refill the tank again,its a mannual 5 speed transmission and within town it made 32 mpg and nex day I had to make a long 180 miles trip by I-95 and when was back in town by curiosity refilled the tank again and guess what? It made 38 mpg in that road trip,I am using the highest octane of gas in the market available here in FL where I live,car run better than I though,they have ihn general bad reputation but I see nothing wrong in this car,its very fast but still smoth in the road.I will keep it for few years while the warranty cover any repair,thanks to all who read this.

MegaNemis
03-16-2006, 07:03 PM
i'm glad to see this thread..... my wife and i bought a used 2002 kia rio cinco off my friends parent (they upgraded to a dodge magnum with a hemi!!!!). anyways, they said they get about 30 mpg. this was a good selling point for us when the gas prices were nearing $3 a gallon. we've had it now since november and the best we've gotten is just over 28 and that was pure highway. since then i've changed sparkplugs, airfilter and changed the oil.... with little change to the gas mileage of everyday driving (we've yet to take a highway only trip). is there something else i need to look into? can someone tell me what my tach should read at certain speeds? i've checked my transmission fluid and it's full, but that doesn't mean it's fine..... does it?

MeettheCreeper
03-17-2006, 01:53 PM
Your mileage will varay depending on conditions and how you drive the vehicle.

THe mileage on the sticker is under perfect conditions. Dont expect to get that.

Check your tire pressure. Low air pressure creates more rolling resistance and decreases fuel mileage.

mwrobe1
03-18-2006, 06:28 AM
After I passed the 3k mark on my '06 Rio...I'm averaging 30. 90% city driving.

soapsuds22
03-22-2006, 08:33 PM
I just took a 253 mile drive to Reiliegh, NC, driveing a 2001 Kia Rio. This *****little car got me there useing the entire tank of gas! my 91 Grand Caravan can make that trip and not use a whole tank of gas. I changed the plugs and air filter what could be causeing it to use so much gas?

I guess you didn't know that your caravan has a 20 gallon gas tank. The Rio gas tank only holds 11.9 gallons. There is your answer.

geojumper
03-23-2006, 01:14 PM
Had a 2003 from new til about 15K miles. Mileage improved from 28 average to over 30 after a little use. Best about 38 hyw, worst about 23 cold, snow, all very short trips. George

lunasea808
03-24-2006, 03:31 AM
I get about 36 mpg right now not running the a/c it's still cold out. btw it's a 06 rio LX.

Ray H
03-24-2006, 06:38 AM
We get 34 MPG (combined city/highway) in our 06 Rio.

lunasea808, sorry for the off topic question but there arent alot of 06 Rio owners around here.
Any idea where to get seat covers for the 06s? The airbags are making it nearly impossible for us.

lunasea808
03-24-2006, 02:53 PM
We get 34 MPG (combined city/highway) in our 06 Rio.

lunasea808, sorry for the off topic question but there arent alot of 06 Rio owners around here.
Any idea where to get seat covers for the 06s? The airbags are making it nearly impossible for us.
Are you trying to get custom ones or just over the seat from the store. The ones I bought were from wal-mart. I just cut where the air bag is and sew on velcro (sp) strip. The trick is not trying to slide it on but to roll it from the top to the bottom (turn the seat cover inside out than from the top just roll over the seat slowly).

Or you could just get them custom made. Like katskinz.com
It's a little bit of money but you'll find what you need.

Btw, have you tried going back to the dealer? Maybe they might have local tel. numbers that make oem car seats. I'll check it out with my dealer to and let you know how it went.

Ray H
03-24-2006, 05:53 PM
Are you trying to get custom ones or just over the seat from the store. The ones I bought were from wal-mart. I just cut where the air bag is and sew on velcro (sp) strip. The trick is not trying to slide it on but to roll it from the top to the bottom (turn the seat cover inside out than from the top just roll over the seat slowly).

Or you could just get them custom made. Like katskinz.com
It's a little bit of money but you'll find what you need.

Btw, have you tried going back to the dealer? Maybe they might have local tel. numbers that make oem car seats. I'll check it out with my dealer to and let you know how it went.

Ive tried the dealer and they have nothing and know nothing.
Ive also thought about the Velcro solution and checked into custom covers. Ive also considered removing most of the stitching to weaken the seam enough that it will split if the bag is deployed but I was sure how well that would hold up to daily use.
The Velcro looks like the best solution at this point. Custom covers are mega$$$.
Did you just open up a seam and stitch in a piece of Velcro where the seam was along the seat back side? Do you think the Velcro will hamper bag deployment any?

lunasea808
03-24-2006, 09:17 PM
Going to start a new thread about this. Look for "front seat airbag seat covers".

speedfreak07
06-21-2007, 05:28 PM
I usually range from 34-36 hw/city combined in my '03 Rio

ahoier
01-09-2009, 11:28 AM
I recently started clocking the mpg on my 07 kia rio (bought used, with a little over 30k miles on it) and I'm averaging about 30mpg. Mixed driving both city and highway.

w9awx
04-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Averaging 29.54 in mostly city driving with about 1,600 miles on my 2009 Rio SX.

badpoor
06-15-2010, 07:00 AM
I drive my 01 rio 70 miles a day and make Apx 175 stops/starts.... push the clutch pedal around 500 times and I get to a full tank about 290 miles

Add your comment to this topic!