More questions about HLJ...

DSM-Mark
07-10-2003, 11:46 AM
HLJ seems to be popping up a lot lately!

I just ordered from them for the first time a while ago. They shipped the product about 10 days ago, but I still haven't seen any charges laid against my credit card. Is this normal? I thought they charge the card before they shipped?

Also, how are custom duties levied? How do you pay them? Do you have to pay the delivery guy when he brings your parcel, or do they automatically charge your card?

Thanks!

DSM-Mark
07-10-2003, 11:49 AM
Well, I'm an idiot. I found my answer to the first question on HLJ. But the question about customs is still out there!

You said my order had been shipped, but I don't see any charges (or credits if there was a problem) from you on my credit card account.

Not to worry. Believe me, we'll eventually take your money! Japanese credit card companies are not as state-of-the-art as those in the U.S. and some other countries (for example, there's no Internet account tracking yet). What's more, we only send in our charge slips twice per month. As such, it can take one to two months for charges or credits from HLJ to appear on your monthly statement or online account tracking.

Vric
07-10-2003, 02:44 PM
it was the same for me.. took about 15 days before I seen the charge on the credit card.. but when it was charger the day they ship.. so it just take time to update

Michael Schumacher
07-10-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by DSM-Mark
Also, how are custom duties levied? How do you pay them? Do you have to pay the delivery guy when he brings your parcel, or do they automatically charge your card?

Thanks!

I would like to know that to.

ae86_takumi
07-10-2003, 03:32 PM
I live in United States so this may not be true in Canada but I've never paid custom when I bought models and paints from HLJ and HobbySearch(also Japanese).

I remember reading somewhere that models are not subject to custom duty between Japan and U.S. Rainbow Ten(Japan) on the other hand mentions how you can avoid/reduce custom duty, may be for other countries?

Sorry but I don't have an answer for you.

Ferrari TR
07-10-2003, 06:16 PM
Duties are charged at the point of entry, so you get to pay the delivery person. Canadian duties seem to vary by provence and pure wim of the inspectors.
:tongue:

Tea
08-07-2003, 05:06 PM
For alberta I am not so sure.
But I would assume that to be the same as that of BC

The delivery guy from postcanada would ring your bell with the box, then you pay him in cash only.

If you happen not to be home or have enough cash
they leave u with a slip and u have to get to the post office and acquire them yourself

hope this helps. =)

I have been a faithful customer of HLJ.
Even if duties and S&H are charged it still beats my LHS prices.

Add your comment to this topic!