Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

aem

tano
07-09-2003, 08:40 PM
Hi im thinking about getting an aem intake for my 2001 integra Gsr
Im wondering if the acura engine warranty will be void?
Also how high off the ground is the filter placed, wont water especially snow cause hydrolock

loesch8102
07-10-2003, 12:44 AM
I believe it doesn't void any warrantees unless there is a problem directly caused by the product. As far as hydolocking is concerned, I've never heard of this, unless the filter is basically submerged. My bro hit a deer and tore off his fender exposing the intake and he never had that problem with it, but he hit a puddle and it cooled the engine block too quickly and cracked it.

civicHBsi91
07-10-2003, 11:27 AM
it shouldent, the honda parts dealer here sells aem intakes, it might be diff in your area but i doubt it voids any kind of warranty

mellowboy
07-10-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by civicHBsi91
it shouldent, the honda parts dealer here sells aem intakes

Really?? I never heard of that?

Anyways its safe to get a cold air intake but just stay away from big puddles. You can get the aem bypass valve to keep the water coming in from your engine. About the warranty, it depends on who. They'll probably use the intake as an excuse even if your trans is fucked up. It sounds pretty bogus but hey it happened to my boy. His trans was goin out and he had warranty for it. They said they can't do anything about it since he "modified" his car even though its just a short shifter and a cold air intake:rolleyes:

civicHBsi91
07-10-2003, 11:39 AM
yea, they have them sittin in there, everything else is oem honda shyt that costs an arm and a leg

KrNxRaCer00
07-11-2003, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by mellowboy

Really?? I never heard of that?

Anyways its safe to get a cold air intake but just stay away from big puddles. You can get the aem bypass valve to keep the water coming in from your engine. About the warranty, it depends on who. They'll probably use the intake as an excuse even if your trans is fucked up. It sounds pretty bogus but hey it happened to my boy. His trans was goin out and he had warranty for it. They said they can't do anything about it since he "modified" his car even though its just a short shifter and a cold air intake:rolleyes:

the by-pass valves only work if the filter is COMPLETELY submerged. they've done tests.

don't buy aem, but generic...jeeze...seems like we have 10 intake threads a week....

Add your comment to this topic!