Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Whats better american or japanese

Vicious
07-09-2003, 05:13 PM
What car do you think is better
2001 Nissan Skyline
1995 Ford Svt cobra
1999 Mitsubishi 3000Gt VR4
2000 Chevy Corvette
1996 Toyota Supra
2000 Dodge Viper

swedish
07-09-2003, 05:19 PM
almost all those cars belong in different catagories, and picking the best is damn near impossible by numbers, and imo, it's a tie between all but the cobra and the supra

drews
07-10-2003, 12:13 AM
supra

YogsVR4
07-10-2003, 03:03 PM
That is a pretty disparaging list. What aspect are you trying to compare?

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

SilverFeniks
07-11-2003, 12:00 AM
German > all
:cwm27:

:thefinger

Jimster
07-11-2003, 03:54 AM
errrmmm....different cars=no decision from me

YogsVR4
07-11-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by SilverFeniks
German > all
:cwm27:

:thefinger

Falsch! :biggrin2:

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

NISSANSPDR
07-11-2003, 09:19 AM
Either Viper or Skyline GT-R

audi&benz
07-11-2003, 05:50 PM
you cant compare those cars to each other. btw if it werent for the skyline being on that list i would say cobra with a 5.0L booya.

Paonessa
07-11-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by YogsVR4

Falsch! :biggrin2:
dah

jon@af
07-11-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Vicious
What car do you think is better
2001 Nissan Skyline
1995 Ford Svt cobra
1999 Mitsubishi 3000Gt VR4
2000 Chevy Corvette
1996 Toyota Supra
2000 Dodge Viper

I like em all.:bigthumb:

arthur12187
07-11-2003, 11:19 PM
since were going compare it in modern time i would have to say the skyline!!!! if old times i would say american!

ImPoRtHaTer
07-12-2003, 05:26 PM
I Would Have To Choose Every American Car There B/c The Imports Blow :thefinger

audi&benz
07-12-2003, 05:58 PM
hey importhater this isnt a place to flame on other peoples cars. it is here to state your opinion on which car is the best. speaking of which you never said what car you like the best, jackass.

flylwsi
07-12-2003, 07:08 PM
honestly, considering the strength of american v8's and v10's, if you want a powerhouse, the imports are no match.

throwing a couple turbos on a viper can get you 800hp.

and that's just starting.

your skylines and supras hit the hp limit at about 1600, but it's not odd to see a small block chevy with at least that, or a viper pushing that amount, and the same for the cobra.

i'll take a zo6 over everything there, and then i'll give it to lingenfelter.

no match from anyone for that. and keep in mind that a skyline with 800+hp would have trouble keeping up with a 5-600hp lingenfelter car.

and that's fact, not fiction.

audi&benz
07-12-2003, 09:08 PM
are you kidding me??? a 800+ hp skyline would whoop the shit out of a 5-600 vette. not only does the skyline have more hp but it is all wheel drive vs. rwd in vette. it would whoop the shit out of the vette.

Jimster
07-12-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by flylwsi
honestly, considering the strength of american v8's and v10's, if you want a powerhouse, the imports are no match.

your skylines and supras hit the hp limit at about 1600, but it's not odd to see a small block chevy with at least that, or a viper pushing that amount, and the same for the cobra.

no match from anyone for that. and keep in mind that a skyline with 800+hp would have trouble keeping up with a 5-600hp lingenfelter car.

and that's fact, not fiction. '

You seem very deluded- the Lingenfelter runs 9's- that is roughly what an 800bhp Skyline runs- AWD traction vs RWD Traction- there is simply no comparision- all the V8's have going for them are more torque- yet the Skyline does not exaclty lack torque.

As for you Importhater you are a moron- a redneck and a hick- You are hating cars just because they aren't American badges???? Don't you have a NASCAR race/KKK/NRA meeting to attend yet??? I certainly hope so :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I am really tired of people like you- grow up, pull your head out of your ass and stop being such an ignorant moron- perhaps when you get your permit in 4 years or so you'll see diferently.

Let me guess- you think cars like the Mitsubishi Eclipse and Honda Civic are built in Japan (But can't find it on a map) and the Chevrolet Camaro/Pontiac Firebird is built in the USA.........................:spit:

Paonessa
07-13-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by flylwsi

then i'll take a viper and send it to hennesy, or the mustang and send it to roush, or the skyline and send it to Nismo or calsonic or a lancer and send it to Mine's. just cuz a tuner can make the cars run 9's doesn't mean the factory model is any better.

LSR
07-13-2003, 12:28 PM
then i'll take a viper and send it to hennesy

I wouldn't send a Viper to Hennessey.....that tuner is dodgy, takes your money and doesn't give you your parts :rolleyes: :redface: :frown:

or the skyline and send it to Nismo or calsonic or a lancer and send it to Mine's

I'd send a Skyline GT-R R34 V Spec II to Abbey Motorsport.....does awesome tuning in the UK to 1000bhp and motorsport preperation for Le Mans etc. I'd also send a Lancer Evolution, not Lancer, as the Lancer is the econobox model, to Norris Designs in the UK- 900bhp, anyone?

But I'd take the Z06 :iceslolan although the other cars are great. I'd convert it to 4wd, coupe, RHD, with leather interior, 19s or 20s in gold, and undertray for underside air management :wink: But the other cars are also awesome.

mrfox
07-14-2003, 04:07 PM
Everyone forgets the Brits!

Elise/Exige

Cerbera

Who needs 600hp when you only weight 1500lb

Paonessa
07-14-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by mrfox

Elise/Exige

Cerbera

true. but isn't the elise still a japanese type-r integra engine.

mrfox
07-14-2003, 04:44 PM
The front drive Elan 90 is the one with the Japanese engine (sourced from Toyota I think). I believe both the Elise and the Cerbera had engines sourced from Rover. Though a Honda 4 banger in its place sounds pretty nice in the Elise.

EDIT: The Elan 100 was the car I was actually thinking of.. had a Isuzu instead of Toyota 1.6l engine.

Paonessa
07-14-2003, 06:20 PM
you're right. i was thinking this was the normal one.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=26&article_id=3417

Jimster
07-14-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Paonessa

true. but isn't the elise still a japanese type-r integra engine.

lol the Elise uses a Rover engine (VVC if I'm not mistaken) There are rumors of them using a Japanese engine when they are bought Stateside- and that sounds pretty accurate- as a means of bypassing emissions :bigthumb:

LSR
07-15-2003, 07:35 AM
A Toyota Celica engine to be precised. :smile:

Paonessa
07-15-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by LSR
A Toyota Celica engine to be precised. :smile:
http://www.caranddriver.com/article...article_id=3417

check the link, it's a type-r engine in this one

so which one is better the US version or the one with the rover engine?

1996Z28SS
07-15-2003, 10:48 AM
Can we add a 2002 camaro ZL1... anyone hear of this? 427 CC all aluminum engine pumping out 600 NA HP!

Also anyone have any info about them? I have seen them in on website and then there was an article about it in a Camero Performance.

DkShadow
07-17-2003, 11:13 PM
I dunno... From that list, I really wouldnt pick any of them :dunno: If it was a 4v Supercharged Cobra then id pick that, if it was an 01+ Z06 id pick that over the Cobra. "IMO" the Supra and the Skyline are just way too overhyped and the VR4 is a friggin tank on 4 wheels. The Dodge Viper is just a damn V-10 with the roar of a cat :rolleyes:

If anything id pick the Vette. Sleeker body, LS1 which has alot of potential( you didnt make mention of it being a Z06 ) and not to mention the wonders Lingenfelter can do to it. :biggrin:

zane11
07-18-2003, 09:49 AM
Japan - Skyline
America- Viper

No doubt about it there the best in there respective countries.

Neutrino
07-18-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by zane11
Japan - Skyline
America- Viper

europe - enzo

:bigthumb:

TatII
07-19-2003, 10:20 AM
yup same here,

japan= skyline
usa = viper
europe = enzo

TorinoGT69
07-21-2003, 03:01 PM
If you want real muscle and power you have to go with American cars, but if you want a reliable car that will last then Japanese is the way to go.

Polygon
07-21-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by TorinoGT69
If you want real muscle and power you have to go with American cars, but if you want a reliable car that will last then Japanese is the way to go.

That is just a plain dumb thing to say.

sihondasracer
07-22-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Jimster
'

You seem very deluded- the Lingenfelter runs 9's- that is roughly what an 800bhp Skyline runs- AWD traction vs RWD Traction- there is simply no comparision- all the V8's have going for them are more torque- yet the Skyline does not exaclty lack torque.

i would say the RB26DETT has MORE torque... or more potential for it...its a inline 6, which being inline produces more torque over a broader range than a V8...but yea V8's make some power but i mean...its a skyline!..who cares?...i sure dont

QUOTE:I'd send a Skyline GT-R R34 V Spec II to Abbey Motorsport.....does awesome tuning in the UK to 1000bhp and motorsport preperation for Le Mans etc. I'd also send a Lancer Evolution, not Lancer, as the Lancer is the econobox model, to Norris Designs in the UK- 900bhp, anyone?

woohoo, you must have seen norris designs EVO in SCC ...dude 0-60 in 2.9 secs.! that faster than the mclaren F1 and 911 bi-turbo...i say thats faster than most on this BROAD range of cars..dodge viper vs mitsiu 3000....?lol i would have to say skyline ovre all cuz for the same amount of money as a viper and all the stuff thats would have to be done to it you could make a skyline almost as fast..well they both run about to same 1/4 mile...low 13's. so you tell me....

Polygon
07-22-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by sihondasracer
i would say the RB26DETT has MORE torque... or more potential for it...its a inline 6, which being inline produces more torque over a broader range than a V8...but yea V8's make some power but i mean...its a skyline!..who cares?...i sure dont

Is that why they use V8s in top fuel and funny cars in the NHRA? They use V8s that pull around 7000HP and similar torque. These are American designed engines. They are the mighty Hemi. The RB could never hope to touch that ever. The more displacement you have to more power you yield from modifications. The same mod on the RB would most likely yield more power on a V8 because of increased displacement.

Originally posted by sihondasracer
woohoo, you must have seen norris designs EVO in SCC ...dude 0-60 in 2.9 secs.! that faster than the mclaren F1 and 911 bi-turbo...i say thats faster than most on this BROAD range of cars..dodge viper vs mitsiu 3000....?lol i would have to say skyline ovre all cuz for the same amount of money as a viper and all the stuff thats would have to be done to it you could make a skyline almost as fast..well they both run about to same 1/4 mile...low 13's. so you tell me....

I hate it when people compare a HIGHLY modified car to cars that are completely stock, let alone any car that is modded. My modded car beats your stock car, big deal. :rolleyes:

Here in the states it costs more for the R34 Skyline than it does for the new SRT-10 Viper. And last time I checked the SRT-10 can pull 11s stock. Besides; the Viper is not a drag race designed car. It was designed to be a track car. When will people ever get it through their thick heads that the Skyline is not the God of all cars? It is a great car, no doubt, but there are far better cars. There always will be.

As for the debate about which is better Japanese or American. I would say they are both just as good; it is a matter of preference. Debating it is useless since you can't prove someone’s personal preference wrong. You can't change that, that is up to the individual. I myself prefer American and more direct Mopar, also known as Chrysler. One can argue that the line between the imports and domestics is so blurred that it isn't as simple as black and white anymore anyways, and I feel that to be true.

spooleffect
07-24-2003, 05:33 AM
In General...

American= Brute Power with Less Technolgy and Engineering

Japanese= Conservative Power with Excellent Technology and Efficiency

European= Graceful Power with Excellent Engineering

sihondasracer
07-24-2003, 06:28 PM
no i dont think skyline is god...but i was saying...you cant get it from the us without havein to go thru a hella lot of stuff to get it...course it would cost more ..the viper is a prodution car here...and i mean it is a skyline ..somethin most of us wont ever get...thats all...something you cant have makes you want it more...i can ride in a viper whenever i want...its jus not the same....about the torque issue...maybe not more potenial over all..but GENERALLY inline motors porduce more torque than V8's..generally..but look at this..the hemi V8's are pushing serious displacement ..skylines are only 2.6's...so yea most youre right...but i think the need credit..souch low displacement...and about it runnin witha viper..well the test in sport compact car shows the skyline runnin low 13's ..on car and driver...the viper ran a 13.2 1/4...i was basing my info on that....and about comparing the lancer to a 911 and mclaren..dude yea there stock but..comparin a modded car to those ..you would have to..its a lancer...veilsildes supra cant even run with that..."I hate it when people compare a HIGHLY modified car to cars that are completely stock, let alone any car that is modded. My modded car beats your stock car, big deal."yea me too....but mclaren and 911...

:eek:

SVTerminator
07-25-2003, 02:25 PM
I have never seen a viper that was slower than mid 12s. I-6 engines produce less torque in general and alot less than a Viper. The Skyline is quick mainly because it has AWD not because of its engine.
Imagine an American V-8 turbo with AWD. No contest.

Paonessa
07-25-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by SVTerminator
The Skyline is quick mainly because it has AWD not because of its engine.

yeah right. not all skylines are AWD, but most of them are damn fast. the R32 & r33 are also real fast. i suppose you don't think turbo supra's are fast either.

genjy
07-25-2003, 05:18 PM
I don't see the point of comparing a N/A car (Viper) against a turbocharged car (Skyline GT-R). It is not as simple as comparing WRX vs EVO or Mustang GT vs Camaro Z28.

The argument is always the same. For example, a popular theme I always read is something like:
A turboed-Civic could out run a stock Mustang GT.... but what if you put a turbo in the Mustang GT, then wouldn't it kick the crap out of the turboed-Civic?

It would make more sense to compare the turboed-Civic with something like the Neon SRT-4 or the MazdaSpeed Protege.

SVTerminator
08-01-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Paonessa

yeah right. not all skylines are AWD, but most of them are damn fast. the R32 & r33 are also real fast. i suppose you don't think turbo supra's are fast either.

Actually turbo supras and skylines aren't that fast stock. They both run low 13's in the quarter. A viper however is very fast stock.:wink:

nhstiger75
08-06-2004, 02:36 PM
If you're going for all out stock, or for that matter tuned up horsepower and 1/4 mile time then the Viper has it hands down followed by the 'Vette the way I see it. If you want drifting/cornering/handling then I would guess the Skyline or the Supra.

GTO4Life
08-06-2004, 02:46 PM
are you kidding me??? a 800+ hp skyline would whoop the shit out of a 5-600 vette. not only does the skyline have more hp but it is all wheel drive vs. rwd in vette. it would whoop the shit out of the vette.

wrong, the skyline is all wheel drive off the launch, but once you hit 2 or 3rd gear i believe it switches to RWD... Great car i believe. :)

GTO4Life
08-06-2004, 02:50 PM

Elise/Exige

Cerbera

Exige..... *drools*

emokid15
08-06-2004, 09:46 PM
Wow, I learned alot right now lol. ill pick the Mustang Cobra.

Add your comment to this topic!