Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Off-Brand Dynamat

moleodonuts
07-09-2003, 02:29 PM
So I'm lookin at getting some sound dampening stuff for my car to reduce the road noise and help with my stereo. I've been looking at dynamat extreme b.c: 1) hey, its dynamat, we all know we can trust it and it'll work 2) its supposed to be light compared to others 3) its supposed to have really good sound dampening.

Fine and dandy: 36 sq ft @ $95 off ebay

Enter Problem:
I wanna do pretty much my entire car... this things is just loud as hell and I do a lot of interstate driving... on top of that I'm about to drop the thing another 2" and make it all the worse... Then I notice that I can get a 100ft roll of this off-brand stuff on ebay for like $110.

What I wanna know is this... anybody know how some of these other companies' sound dampening stuff holds up to dynamat's? Any sites somebody knows of that reviews this stuff? Keep in mind I'm looking at, in order of importance: sound dampening ability, weight, thickness.

99civic03
07-09-2003, 02:39 PM
Ive heard brown bread and peel n seal are both good, but you should run a search on the forum at www.termpro.com, Im sure it would give you the answer your looking for.

moleodonuts
07-09-2003, 03:05 PM
...I've never heard of either of those... on top of that, that's a dead link... me so confuse:frown:

strodda
07-09-2003, 09:39 PM
ive heard good things as well about brownbread. and another, fatmat, is supposed to be good. but i guess its all relative to who you ask.

99civic03
07-11-2003, 04:42 PM
heres the link again, it didnt work last time because it had a comma at the end of it.

http://www.termpro.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

Add your comment to this topic!