Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

The good..The bad..&...The ugly

etvalfam
07-08-2003, 06:23 PM
My wifes car took a turn for the worst.The battery light kept comming on along with the brake light and anti lock light .then while she was at an idle the car just died.I took the battery outta my toyota and the car started just fine but the lights remain on.Should I purchase a new battery or chnge the alternator?

etvalfam
07-09-2003, 11:57 PM
I learned a new trick today .if your alternator is going out and you need to test it.start your car or have it jump started then remove either one of your battery cables.if the car dies the alternator is bad,if it continues to run then its not the alternator.

ales
07-10-2003, 05:05 AM
While that works, this method is not really recommended...

SEARCHER
07-25-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by etvalfam
My wifes car took a turn for the worst.The battery light kept comming on along with the brake light and anti lock light .then while she was at an idle the car just died.I took the battery outta my toyota and the car started just fine but the lights remain on.Should I purchase a new battery or chnge the alternator?

I have the same problem, Just happen today the same 3 lights coming out Battery, Antilock and Brake.
Did you solve the problem changing the battery or the Alternator??

One friend told me that maybe the problem is in one relay. But My relay boxes doesnt have the names on it.

Somebody know where I can get that information??

Add your comment to this topic!