ABS and Brake light ON but no codes??

SP 360 Shelby
07-08-2003, 03:35 PM
Wife has a 98 Durango problem just started, autoXray shows no codes, took it to Les Schwabs they checked the brake and said everything was fine..

What gives, anyone else have this problem before, your help is appreciated

PS yes I own #200 SP360 well soon enough as I am flying down to pick it up this weekend :biggrin:

PARTSMAN88
08-06-2003, 10:47 AM
Take your car to a factory dealer ( yea I know...I hate this too )
have them check the rear anti-lock sensor ( I think your Durango has rear ( only ) anti lock ). This may cure the abs light...as far as the brake light , mine was just a little low of fluid.. Good luck..

irochfo1
10-07-2003, 04:21 PM
If the speedometer is acting crazy it is the speed sensor in the rear of durango. I had this problem ABS and Brajke light on, But also speedometer was jumping at low speeds. If this is happening the part is under 30 bucks and takes less thatn 20 minnutes to replace. Hope this helps.

weioil91
12-17-2003, 10:50 PM
My 1998 Durango has had the ABS and Brake lights stay on for two years now. The dealer said it needed a new "ABS controller" which they would install for $500. Another mechanic said that it was safe to drive the way it is but won't have ABS.

So far, I've saved the $500 and haven't bought the controller; however, if anyone knows where I can buy a rebuilt ABS controller for a reasonable price, please let me know.

atthehelmdesign
03-23-2004, 11:56 PM
I just had this happen on my wife's 99 D. It was a 42 dollar rear speed sensor that goes in the top of the rear differential. IT TAKES ABOUT 10 MINUTES TO CHANGE. I seen this happen on a lot of other D's and he same part fixed it.

Aybra
05-15-2004, 01:17 AM
Ok so here is a new twist, the ABS light and the Brake light came on... and the ABS system is grinding like its trying to stop.... I pulled the fuse in my 99 durango, but... the lights stayed on, so I shut off the car and put the fuse back in.

But the grinding started up again, any one know what the ..... and how I can fix it?

atthehelmdesign
05-16-2004, 01:18 PM
Ok so here is a new twist, the ABS light and the Brake light came on... and the ABS system is grinding like its trying to stop.... I pulled the fuse in my 99 durango, but... the lights stayed on, so I shut off the car and put the fuse back in.

But the grinding started up again, any one know what the ..... and how I can fix it?

If the grindingis coming fromthe front brakes, check to make sure that your brakes pads are not worn out...

Aybra
05-16-2004, 11:25 PM
It's not comming from the "brakes" its comming from the box under the hood to the back of the fuse box, (its not so much a grinding, as a whirring.)

Not to mention, if the brakes where bad, they would not be grinding when the car was shut off, well at least in my limited knowledge of cars.

There is no problem driving the car when the fuse is pulled, its only when the fuse is in, and then wether or not the car is on or off it still makes the "whirring sound" wich again, comes from under the hood, not behind the tires.

allycatz
05-27-2004, 06:01 PM
This just happened to me today! How do I do the autoXray. And where do I find the codes once I find the problem.
Thank you!!!

sport532
09-20-2004, 10:10 AM
I just had this happen on my wife's 99 D. It was a 42 dollar rear speed sensor that goes in the top of the rear differential. IT TAKES ABOUT 10 MINUTES TO CHANGE. I seen this happen on a lot of other D's and he same part fixed it.

Hi I have a 99 4 wheel drive durango. The brake light and the abs light are on. Under 20 mph the speedometer does not work. I got a speed sensor from auto zone. I found the sensor on the bottom of the front differential. I looked on rear but could not find it unless I did not look hard enought. Was your durango a 4wheel drive? If it was tell me again where to look.
thanks dennis

mprtech
09-20-2004, 11:37 AM
Its on the top of the rear diff.

sport532
09-20-2004, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the reply. I looked on the top of the rear diff. There is a metal plate covering a sensor. A nut is holding this down.
The plugin is on a 90 degree angle. From every thing I read you are right, that it is located on top of the diff. Is this sensor under the metal plate. Thanks

mprtech
09-20-2004, 05:20 PM
Yep, take the 13mm head nut off, move the harness and brake line off the stud, then remove the 15mm head stud. The pull the sensor out.

haagendoss
11-28-2005, 07:29 AM
It's not comming from the "brakes" its comming from the box under the hood to the back of the fuse box, (its not so much a grinding, as a whirring.)

Not to mention, if the brakes where bad, they would not be grinding when the car was shut off, well at least in my limited knowledge of cars.

There is no problem driving the car when the fuse is pulled, its only when the fuse is in, and then wether or not the car is on or off it still makes the "whirring sound" wich again, comes from under the hood, not behind the tires.

HEY!
Could you please tell me what you did to fix this. My Durango just started doing this today. THANKS!

evAfApposus
03-03-2010, 01:56 PM
It comes up everytime saying i may cause a virus, i loaded something along time ago malwares i dream was the denominate, and it took off the pop up thing, but it wont hire out me do it now, any other unfettered things like that that can help me prevail upon rid of this? traffic ultimatum (http://www.localsearchtraining.com/traffic-ultimatum-review-1-on-1-training-bonus/)

tominono
03-06-2010, 04:45 AM
Humorous...I in no way had acne prior to I hit adolescence and my diet was exactly the same then as it is now.

Funny, there are? hardly any documented instances of prepubescent kids with acne.

All just a big coincidence...it's truly the diet plan, correct?

Whilst diet _may_ play a role in aggravating the preexisting zits situation, suggesting that it is generally the chief mechanism for that disease is sheer idiocy
traffic ultimatum (http://www.localsearchtraining.com/traffic-ultimatum-bonus-2-courses-plus-1-on-1-training/)

Add your comment to this topic!