Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need advice on painting wheels FAST

supratuner
07-08-2003, 01:09 PM
Im wanting to paint the star Nismo Wheels that come with the Tamiya SKyline R34 GTR VSpec II

The wheels are a gunmetal color and id like to spray them silver using testors spray.
WHat all do i need to do to the wheels before spraying, besides washing them off.
SHould i primer them??? im afrain the willl be too thick if i primer:(

i need any info really fast cuz i want to paint them in the next hour.

Michael Schumacher
07-08-2003, 01:14 PM
I usually dont use primer on mine but if your putting a lighter color over a dark one it might be a good idea. I would do a lite misting of white primer first then use the paint.

supratuner
07-08-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Michael Schumacher
I usually dont use primer on mine but if your putting a lighter color over a dark one it might be a good idea. I would do a lite misting of white primer first then use the paint.

the only primer i have is Grey by Testors:(
im not sure if the silver would cover up that grey

Ghost_9418
07-08-2003, 01:16 PM
dosnt silver cover any color well?

supratuner
07-08-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Ghost_9418

the silver ive noticed will cover up light greys, like what the tamiya supra comes in. but the primer is a dark grey so im not sure

Michael Schumacher
07-08-2003, 01:26 PM
Hmmm, I dont know then. Spray some primer on a garbage piece or on a piece of a parts tree and let it dry to the touch and spray the silver and see what it looks like.

Michael Schumacher
07-08-2003, 01:32 PM
Spray some silver on the Gunmetal colored parts tree to and see how to to turn out.

Honoturtle
07-08-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Ghost_9418
When I used Testors silver on the airbrush, it covered any color, light or dark. And I didn't use primer at the time.

supratuner
07-08-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Michael Schumacher
Spray some silver on the Gunmetal colored parts tree to and see how the two turn out.

i just did that.
It should work, but :( i can tell that the bottle is almost empty so i might have to wait for a while to get more money

:comprage1 girl friends cost too much:sunglasse :comprage1

thanks for the help

TheSyndicate
07-08-2003, 01:51 PM
Don't use that crap primer. :redface:

Add your comment to this topic!