heat...A/C vents not working??vacuum?

penguins_chic66
07-08-2003, 10:30 AM
the vents on the dash do not blow air no matter what buttons are pushed on control pannel. we went to junkyard and purchased another control pannel,it did not solve problem. while messing under hood we got it to blow out for a second or so it always blows out of floor and defrost only,it wont switch any function just stays blowing out defrost. the other problem is a/c is not taking charge says full,but not. we were told that oraphace tube is clogged becaused we left it empty too long. this is why it wont take charge and says full????

lerndoutofnesscity
05-10-2004, 08:47 PM
If you have no heat but air is blowing.check all of your heater settings (Defrost,upper and lower vents) and see if you can change them. If non of them work or it seems to go back.Check the heater control switch (under glove box.Mounted to air duct) This switch it air activated and can stick. I found on at the junk yard for $20. Fixed my problem. Hope it helps you.

penguins_chic66
05-10-2004, 09:02 PM
i will check that but my heat works it just seems to stick in defrost/floor no matter what button i hit. we changed the heat control panel but it didnt do any different. now it started working properly for a couple weeks or so before it quit again sometimes it seemed that it was triggered to change by a bump maybe but its back to bein a pain again,thanks for your reply i'll pretty much try anything once....

lerndoutofnesscity
05-10-2004, 10:21 PM
The switch is air activated (you'll see a bunch of clear tubes). And I found one at the junk yard for $20.........Sorry about the mistakes.

The bumps can cause the switch to work sometimes.

rjrose_99
06-02-2004, 08:20 AM
Just to share my experience, I had Pep Boys replace my battery. When I returned home I found that the heater / AC blower wasn't working. Seems they crimped a hose when replacing. It might be worth a quick check.

tvtech
07-10-2004, 03:39 PM
I think the vaccum switch beside the heater box is selenoid controlled. A soldering iron on the bad solder connections will probably do the trick.

penguins_chic66
09-23-2004, 03:22 PM
If you have no heat but air is blowing.check all of your heater settings (Defrost,upper and lower vents) and see if you can change them. If non of them work or it seems to go back.Check the heater control switch (under glove box.Mounted to air duct) This switch it air activated and can stick. I found on at the junk yard for $20. Fixed my problem. Hope it helps you. THIS SEEMS TO BE THE PROBLEM WHEN I WIGGLE THE PART (the heater control switch (under glove box.Mounted to air duct) IT WORKS AGAIN SO WE BOUGHT ONE AT JUNK YARD HAVE NOT CHANGED IT YET BUT PRETTY CONFIDENT ITS WHATS WRONG!!!

Add your comment to this topic!