Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Latest Kill list

Gradyman25
07-07-2003, 12:58 PM
Well i finally got my Z running right, it was stumbling really bad, but i fixed it and its running like new now. On to the races......my brother owns a 1995 Z28 6spd, and he had the balls to say he would outrun me up the mountain that my parents live on :nono:. so we go to the bottom one night at like 4 in the morning so that there would be no traffic. well we start from a roll, and being his car is generally faster he let me start in front, so we both kick and he is on my ass like mad, but then the twisties started coming, i was running like 80-90 through the turns, while he couldnt run but 60-70 he said, i was destroying him on the first part of the mountain, by the time we got to the middle part where its strait for like a mile, i was 4-5 car lengths ahead of him and still slamming gears, by the time we got to the middle of the mile stretch he was back on my ass and right at the top of the mountain we were about dead even. so it wasnt necesarily a kill, but he didnt beat my ass like he said he was going to :bigthumb:

Next, my buddy drives a 1990 maxima se with some mods done to it, not sure what all, but its modded, well we had played around on the interstate before, but that was when my car wasnt running right, so now that it is we were running up the same mountain heading to my house, so i decided to pass him in the turns, and i do with ease, well as soon as i passed him i slowed down but then out of no where this chevy z71 truck came running up all on my ass for no reason, so i decided to stay going slow cause i didnt feel like racing, but he continued to ride the hell out of my ass, even tho there was a passing lane, he rode my ass instead of passing :swear: we got to the top of the mountain he theres a good straitaway and he stomps it to pass me i let him get his front wheels even with my rear before i stomped it, after maxing out 4th he decided he had enough of getting his ass chewed, so he tucked tail pulled back in behind me:biggrin2::twak:

Gradyman25
07-07-2003, 12:59 PM
sorry, the maxima was a 1994 se with cold air induction, and full exhaust

LancasterWannaBe
07-08-2003, 01:47 PM
a 95 z28 6 speed eh?
Nice kill.

lsr313
08-07-2003, 03:48 AM
sounds like your brother needs to learn how to drive the part about him pulling you on the strait is typical of a 6 speed z car because of the brute torque these cars have. only running 60 or 70 around curves when your going 90 sounds like hes scared to drive his car. I would have given you a run for your money. I drive down all kinds of back roads at 90-100 in the rain. thats how you learn the turning and breaking capabilities of a car. I have a stock 6 speed z28 which is more than enough to put almost anything to shame as long as you can drive it. Driving ability plays a big part in talking about killing another car. I can attest to the fact that you probably didnt kill the 6 speed z28 but that you just drive a little faster around curves than your brother.

Henry8866
08-07-2003, 10:24 AM
Well you have to take into consideration that the 300zx handles much better than a z28 does. Z's were made for speed through the twisties, while the camaros are made more for straight line. Those could've been hard turns.

Gradyman25
08-10-2003, 03:56 PM
please come to the mtn where i live so i can hand you your ass, since it will be in the bottom of a ravine, you took the highest that i said i was going and the lowest i said he was going, i was going bout 80, and he was running bout 70, and aparently you cant read entire posts because i said it wasnt a kill, so please learn a little more before you come talking your trash

Henry8866
08-10-2003, 10:42 PM
It's not even worth it arguing with that newbie. Until he takes the time to learn about what other cars can do, his z28 is the king of the road in his mind. :lol:

Gradyman25
08-10-2003, 11:59 PM
:werd:

lsr313
08-11-2003, 12:03 AM
im not talking trash i just went to an auto cross for the first time. I have never driven on an autocross course of any type before. They put me in Novice. My car is bone stock 93 z28 with worn out struts sway bar bushings over a hundred thousand miles. I made a 48 sec lap and the 350z's were only doing 46.5 thats with some mods. And they have 18inch wheels/tires 13 inch brakes etc,etc,etc,etc. And there brand new cars without worn out pieces. And this was a really tight course. Considering im a "newbie" with a worn out car against people doing it for years with a brand new 350z i think my time is respectable. It shows camaros can handle low speeds. And if it wasnt so worn out I would have probably beaten the stock 350 z's Just for a reference most of the non modified miatas were running 49 sec and up. Im sure your 300z wont hang with a 350z so im assuming your slower. I am plainly stating that you thinking your z car is better than a 4th gen f body in tight turns is a stereotype. It will hang with you in the turns and pass you on the straights. I dont know how I got on the message board any way i was looking for info on body kits for 280z's and saw you talking about the lack of ability of the camaro. Had to post my rebutal.

Gradyman25
08-11-2003, 12:55 AM
aparently your as ignorant as you sound, because i have driven my brothers car up the mountain where i live, this isnt a course either, if you mess up you fly off the mountain, and no, it will not handle the same as my Z so sorry, state all these facts you want to but the fact is i've driven them both, and i know you've never been in a Z the way your talking, so please leave

Henry8866
08-11-2003, 09:51 AM
/sigh

I don't really see how your camaro kept up with a 350 on a track course. Maybe they were too afraid to take the turns fast? lol You may have kept up with them but that person obviously wasn't trying or didn't have a clue as how to handle a 350z. A 350z will out handle a 300zx and a 300zx will out handle a Camaro, simple as that. Im sure if you ask some Camaro enthusiasts they'll agree that the Nissan Z's are better suited for handling situations, just like i'd agree that Camaros are better in straight line acceleration.

lsr313
08-11-2003, 11:20 AM
The people driving the 350z's were driving the car's pretty well because the stock 350z's were the fastest stock cars there no doubt in my mind. But the street prepared 350z's were only a second off cars with cages and slicks so yes they can drive the car and yes I did keep up with them. And before I go back again I am going to get new struts, bushings, brakes, and a few other things and I'll probably beat them as soon as I figure out how to get my boat of a camaro to spin around 180 degree turn arounds. There was a guy there running the race that raced f stock nationally I think, he was talking to me since I was a newbie helping me with tire pressures. He said he could take my car and run 45 second laps with it and that would have been faster than the 350z's. Heres something for you to dwell on. I just found out the 350z's make like 289 horse power or something my car is rated at 265 in 93. That means they had a power advantage and I still kept up. The 350z's do handle better than my car as they drive around the course and I slide and spin around the course. But I still keep up and thats the whole point its driver skill. Handling ability is negligable when your driving the car in a broad slide. So its the 350z's handling ability against my driving ability and as soon as I get my car tightened up I will be reckoning with the 350z's as that is my goal.:lol:

lsr313
08-11-2003, 11:28 AM
And another thing about handling ability 70 to 90 miles an hour is not low speed handling but high speed handling and that is what a camaro can do. Longer wheel base cars handle better at high speeds. Why do you think so many state troopers wrecked all the 5.0 mustangs they have short wheel bases and get squirly when you go really fast and get a little loose.

lsr313
08-11-2003, 10:36 PM
Just to show im not a dumb kid which im not I just built a 450+ horsepower engine for my friends 96 z28 I assembled the engine fitted all the parts for the stroker crank. Did all the head work porting and polishing, cc'ed the chambers, plumbed in half inch alluminum fuel lines, welded a sump in the gas tank, installed a 1000 dollars worth of anodized fitting and stainless lines along with an aeromotive a1000 billet fuel pump with regulator. Also I plumbed a NOS prorace fogger kit which is a 1000 dollar direct port nitrous setup. I am finishing the ecm tuning right now which I am doing myself. I have also helped my dad fix cars that won editors top ten at national super chevy shows. And I can also drive pretty well. So what do you do? oh i forgot your a race car driver arent you.:lol:

Henry8866
08-12-2003, 02:08 AM
Mechanics... I don't get into that stuff, just do the easy stuff, lol. I work with computers.

Try to be open-minded about cars and you'll learn to enjoy them much more. I used to hate domestics, mainly because of the stereotypes put into my mind. After hanging out with some of the guys and racing them, i've gained new respect for them and their cars and they've gained the same for me and my type of car. Now im kind of a Mustang fan, I never would've said that 2 years ago :lol:

Us thinking that our Z's can out handle a camaro isn't just a stereotype, it's a widely accepted view. Just like you think the camaro is a better straight line performer, but in your logic that would be false too, even though we both know it really is the better performer for straights. Something is given a stereotype at a time when it's true, and for domestic-drag car vs import-road hugger, those stereotypes still stay true.

Just don't let anyone tell you one car is the god of all cars.

Gradyman25
08-12-2003, 12:57 PM
aparently he's the only one in america that can work on cars, cause hes talking like no one else has done it, not the mention the fact i helped my friend build his 800 rwhp supra

skelator300
08-13-2003, 06:25 AM
hey man if you ever come to nj look me up im the fastest 300zx owner in nj and i would love to hand your ass to you
my mods:

HKS 4 CORE INTERCOOLER
HKS T-4 manifold with a flange for a external waste gate
ELECTROMOTIVE TEC II FUEL MANAGEMENT
480CC INJECTORS
T4/T3 TURBONETICS TURBO
TURBONETICS EXTERNAL WASTE GATE
EXTRUDE HONED MANIFOLDS
SPEARCO INTERCOOLER
ACCEL SPARK PLUG WIRES
60 MM THROTTLE BODY
K&N 12 INCH FILTER
HKS BLOW OFF VALVE
HKS POP OFF VALVE
HKS EVC BOOST CONTROLLER
HKS SBC CONTROLLER
HKS OFF ROAD EXHAUST TURBO BACK W/DUMMY CAT
REMOTE OIL FILTER
OIL COOLER
VISCOUS LSD
6 PUCK CLUTCH
SUSPENSION TECNIQUES SWAY BARS 1 1/8" FRT 1" REAR
GREX STRUT TOWER BAR
EIBACH SPRINGS
KONI SHOCKS
SSR GPO RIMS 17X9 REAR AND 17X8 FRONT
TIRES 255/40/17 ON THE REAR AND 234/45/17 ON THE FRONT

AND LOTS LOTS MORE (IM PUSHING 500 HP )
OH AND THE CAR DOESNT LOOK LIKE A Z CAR IT LOOKS LIKE A FERRARI BECAUSE OF THE FERRARI BODY MODS I DID TO IT

lsr313
08-13-2003, 09:37 AM
wow 500 horse 300 zx I know somebody my mom worked with had a turbo 300zx with nos and it only ran 8.50 in the eigth. all it did was spin. Just cause you have all the mods dont mean didly nissan engines have this thing for just not going anywhere kind of like the 300zx im talking about. A guy my friend works with just raced a turbocharged nissan frontier truck with a 150 shot of nos. It had all the goodies on it. Short block from japan boost adjustable from 6psi to 20psi. But it got beat by a naturally aspirated ford svt contour. OH my god. Unless you have a thousand horse skyline gtr nissans suck. But its still not drivable or realiable so its junk. ftp://filesrus.sytes.net username gradyman password gradyman

i seriously doubt gradyman is smart enough to help build a 800 horse supra if he helped he might have been fetching lunch or tools. Since he made a post asking how to lighten up his car. DUH you take things off of it.

t4 turbo is kind of small for a 3 liter isnt it.
I dont understand why everybody has to get so touchy and think there car is the best. I never said my car was the best I just said between it and a 300zx its so little difference that driver is the determining factor.

Henry8866
08-13-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by lsr313
wow 500 horse 300 zx I know somebody my mom worked with had a turbo 300zx with nos and it only ran 8.50 in the eigth. all it did was spin. Just cause you have all the mods dont mean didly nissan engines have this thing for just not going anywhere kind of like the 300zx im talking about. A guy my friend works with just raced a turbocharged nissan frontier truck with a 150 shot of nos. It had all the goodies on it. Short block from japan boost adjustable from 6psi to 20psi. But it got beat by a naturally aspirated ford svt contour. OH my god. Unless you have a thousand horse skyline gtr nissans suck. But its still not drivable or realiable so its junk. ftp://filesrus.sytes.net username gradyman password gradyman

i seriously doubt gradyman is smart enough to help build a 800 horse supra if he helped he might have been fetching lunch or tools. Since he made a post asking how to lighten up his car. DUH you take things off of it.

t4 turbo is kind of small for a 3 liter isnt it.
I dont understand why everybody has to get so touchy and think there car is the best. I never said my car was the best I just said between it and a 300zx its so little difference that driver is the determining factor.

#1. Since you know so much about cars you should know that it's a cars traction that get's it stuck to the road, not the damn engine. So to say a Nissan engine doesn't go anywhere is total BS. Im beginning to think you are a newbie.

#2. You're friend is lieing about the truck. You have to be a newbie to think a truck modded that much would lose to a SVT Contour. Now if the Contour was built up as much as the truck was, then I believe it won, but if it's near stock, your friend's friend is COMPLETELY BS'ing him.

#3. A T4 is perfect size for a 3 liter street car. You obviously don't have any knowledge of turbos.

To come in here and say Nissans suck is an insult to me and everyone else here that loves them. Don't expect anyone to be nice after you talk down our cars and you showed that you really don't know sqaut about Nissans.

lsr313
08-13-2003, 08:13 PM
sorry didnt mean to totally insult all your nissan cars i give up but I will take down the 300 and 350z's at the track:smile:

lsr313
08-13-2003, 08:16 PM
and just as a last note the nissan truck did have all those mods because he followed the guy my friend works with to where he was going and showed him under the hood. Its just a good thing they didnt race for the 100 dollars the guy in the nissan wanted to race for the contour raced him but not for money he had his wife with him too and maybe his kid.

Henry8866
08-13-2003, 08:57 PM
Well then the contour had to have some good upgrades too because they run 15's in the 1/4 mile. With all that stuff done that guy in the frontier has to be in the 13's or 12's.

The wife and kid thing in the contour makes me laugh because it makes me think of this past weekend. My friend and I were just riding around for awhile and I pull into a gas station to fill up. Well when we pull out of the station some guy in a mustang (96 GT it looked like) goes driving by and gives a big rev. I was sure I could smoke him so I go in for the kill. When im next to him he gives another big rev and I hear some squealing coming from the hood, uh oh it's a blown pony I thought. He makes a yawning gesture and then laughs at us, his wife is in the passenger seat laughing at us too. We're going about 40mph and he floors it, so I do the same. You should have seen the look on his face when I pulled a car length on him. Me and my friend just couldn't keep from mocking his yawning gestures and laughing at him after that. Then we pull up to a light and he gives me some BS about how he had his wife, kids, and the groceries in the car and his supercharger is old and worn out, rofl. Then he tells us he'll go home and get his 8 second grand national to see how we do against that. After that BS he just turned off the road. :lol: good times.

coopamaro
08-13-2003, 09:02 PM
I'll give a hell yeh to the lsr guy! Unless you have a Supra TT, RX-7 TT. 300zx TT, 3000gt vr-4, small-block v8, or v12..... you just need to take your piece home. Learn what a performance car is... A n/a 300zx is for a 35 year old school teacher who thinks it looks nice and for kids to key in the parking lot. Also, could anyone give me help/pointers on lightening my friend's 800 HP Acura RSX. :lol: Please get a real car! Did anyone check out those pics on that guy's ftp site....WOW

lsr313
08-13-2003, 09:10 PM
you better not laugh to much is your 300zx that outrun the supercharged mustang n/a or tubo and then again maybe the guy does have a buick those cars are super quick ill agree with that some people have medicore street cars and have some bad stuff at home under the tarp kind of like I get killed all the time riding around in my turbo laser with a wopping 190 horsepower but I have other stuff.

Henry8866
08-13-2003, 09:16 PM
Well I could name a few more cars that can give a good stomping on those listed, but you got the best cars listed. Even the older cars of those lists can still give a good beating to the new cars of today. I know my 85 Z can give the newer cars a good run. :wink:

Henry8866
08-13-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by lsr313
you better not laugh to much is your 300zx that outrun the supercharged mustang n/a or tubo and then again maybe the guy does have a buick those cars are super quick ill agree with that some people have medicore street cars and have some bad stuff at home under the tarp kind of like I get killed all the time riding around in my turbo laser with a wopping 190 horsepower but I have other stuff.

It's turbo. and why not laugh? That guy was thinking his car was badass, I had to show him. It was a supercharged gt too, even though that gen of mustangs after the 5.0's sucked big time. They should've kept the 5.0's. I have a 85 Z which most people pass off as slow, because all they ever see are the N/A Z's. Guys riding around in their Trans Ams, Mustangs, and Z28's are always surprised when I beat or tie them, they expected much less.

edit: and to also add in, I don't have thousands into my car. I've only put in about $1000, most of it was for struts. The only power gaining upgrades i've done is intake, 3" exhuast w/ downpipe, and boost controller set to 10 psi (about 5 more over stock).

lsr313
08-13-2003, 09:28 PM
these are examples of real cars a real car is a 1000 horsepower small block anything else is weak.
These are the cars no doubt about it.
http://www.jdhcon.com/Vette.html
www.twinturbocorvette.com

The car I built is not 1000 horsepower but its close and were not rich. A 700 plus horsepower smallblock can run with a 1000+ horsepower supra. A 700 horsepower smallblock can turn 9's in the quarter while a supra has to push 900+ to run 9's its all about torque and the v8 is king just look at john lingenfelter. Big turbo supras may outrun the lingenfelter vettes but in normal terms the lingenfelter vettes are about stock at 600 some horsepower and come with warranties turn the boost to 20+ psi and see what happens.

and in edition everybody knows mustangs are weak a svt cobra cant even run 0-60 quicker than a stock ls1 camaro and never has it takes a supercharged ford 4.6 just to touch a vette. Just curious how much power do you estimate your 300zx has.

Henry8866
08-13-2003, 09:33 PM
Skyline (http://exvitermini.com/)

Look at the GTR-700 there and tell me it's weak. You said anything else is, so tell me that is. It can smoke those vettes in the 1/4 and can still top it out on the highway.

but whatever man, this wasn't a 1000hp car vs a 1000hp car thread. That comes down to whoever has the most money, and yes, a 6 cylinder engine can power a car to be just as fast.

lsr313
08-13-2003, 09:34 PM
im starting to get a little respect for you henry but not the other guy
I agree that 300zx turbos are faster than your old 5.0's and camaros simply because all the old muscle cars suck. My stock turbo laser will outrun my sisters transam. I agree all old mustangs and camaroes are junk and the rednecks that drive them think there fast when really a new 240 horse altima will beat them i seen it before at the 1/8 mile. I have seen 240 horse altimas pull better 1/8 mile times than a SS camaro. So I do have some respect for your cars. Im calling a truce cause Im getting tire of arguing

Henry8866
08-13-2003, 09:37 PM
good call :wink:

lsr313
08-13-2003, 09:39 PM
now your pushing the line of street cars and race cars the corvettes can be driven to work the skyline is race car a dedicated drag car no interior just a seat and im sure the cams they have in it are not a pleasure to drive in traffic. because if you want to go all the way to dedicated race cars I would just send you a link to a pro mod or nitro meth car that make 2-3 thousand horsepower

Henry8866
08-13-2003, 09:43 PM
you said 1000hp car :lol:

Add your comment to this topic!