Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

After your car is finished

supratuner
07-06-2003, 10:47 PM
Im just wondering if you guys continue to work on your car even after its finished, like adding a different wing, or doing some thing to the engine.

When i dont have any other models to do i usually do this, right now i have been doing all kinds of crazy shit, I added a wing to my 350 Z and now trying to put a 300 ZX TT engine into it, i put a mesh grill onto my 3000 GT TT and took the wing off the 350 and put it on there.

heres a pic of the 350 with the wing on it.
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/282092350Z25649.jpg
So does any one else redo cars after theyre finished? if so lets see some pics.

and also im sorry if i put this in the wrong forum.

im gonna try to get some pics of the 350 with the engine in it tomorow, and pics of the 3000 with the wing on it

CamaroSSBoy346
07-06-2003, 11:01 PM
yeah, i like tinkering with completed stuff. Like i tried to give my VW Beetle a carbon fibre hood.. eh.. messed the paint up in doing so.. :frown:

Honoturtle
07-06-2003, 11:12 PM
I do the same, like add details and parts to my Supra, Integra, etc.
I have a friends that used to constantly work on one Integra, making a bodykit, after bodykit on the same car, adding wings, different paint, etc.

cartuner
07-06-2003, 11:43 PM
Man i do this all the time i finish building then as time goes on i start to do all kinda of little things IE: mesh, more interior details. tiny paint details on the body. oh well it's all in fun :icesangel

willimo
07-07-2003, 12:58 AM
When I'm done, I'm done. The car sits on the shelf and collects dust or goes in a case that does the dust collecting for it. While I don't redo my models, I'll often break them up for parts if I wasn't satisfied with them. I usually have a pretty fixed vision of how I want the car to turn out when I begin, so I don't really have any reason to take them to bits. If I have another vision of the same car, I just start all over again. It's been maybe four years since I really got into car building seriously, and it's neat to check out all the cars I've built since then, and how far my skills have progressed.

That's just me, though.

primera man
07-07-2003, 07:10 AM
Once i'm finished a model its locked away in my display stands and not touched again

theoldboy
07-07-2003, 10:05 AM
this is hard but ill have to agree with the kiwi

when its finished thats it

Vric
07-07-2003, 10:09 AM
I learned the hard way to not tutch a model that is done and very satified with it..

RyanGiorgio
07-07-2003, 10:16 AM
I usually don't touch them either. If I do, I usually do something drastic and screw the model up. I've learned from those few mistakes.

Slipknot
07-07-2003, 10:17 AM
I do but i end up messin them up and not puting them back together so they go ing the juck box where I have about 13 bodys and like 14 motors, and like very other part you can find for a car. i need to get ride of some of it:frown:

bigfrit
07-07-2003, 10:29 AM
For me finished means finished..

don't touch them, they go into display closet and sometimes I might even take the dust off and re-arrange them..

Olivier

Add your comment to this topic!