Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

injen air intake

knorwj
07-06-2003, 02:37 PM
i have a 93 integra gs-r, with a 1.7 liter v-tec engine. I want to get an injen cold air intake, however i have abs and they don't list any intakes for my car with abs, will it still fit? my friend had a 92 non v-tec 1.8 liter integra and his intake piping looked exactly the same but i'm not sure if he had abs, and they also don't list a cold air extension for 2nd gen tegs so i was wondering if a 3rd gen would fit it

TravCav
07-06-2003, 05:24 PM
Actually, they didn't not list it because it wouldn't fit, i mean, of course it would, it's because it's known to have problems that occur on models that aren't listed...therefore, i wouldn't...sorry...

whtteg
07-06-2003, 11:11 PM
Go with AEM, or akimoto funnel ram:bigthumb:

92teggsr
07-07-2003, 11:14 AM
i got a 92 gs-r with abs and I have an injen cold air. it just goes around the abs unit.

knorwj
07-09-2003, 11:12 AM
they list it for the non abs model though, so why would abs have anything to do with the engine having problems with it?

whtteg
07-09-2003, 12:36 PM
The abs unit could be in the way, I don't know b/c I am not as famliar with Gen2 but I would think that would be it. 92teggsr maybe you could post a pic for him? That should answer this question.

92teggsr
07-09-2003, 03:01 PM
i'll try to get a pic but you're right, whtteg, it is in the way. The ABS unti sits just to the right of the struttower (no idea what that thing is called. It's the thing the shock bolts to on top) So if you're looking at your car with your hood popped it takes up a lot of space on the right of the left struttower.
Sorry if I just confused everyone but I couldn't explain it better. I will see if I can get a parts number off my intake and give it to you.

Add your comment to this topic!